What are these Eppinger spoons?

vaindioux

Reaction score
Hi

I have started collecting Eppinger spoons and these 3 have nothing but weight written on the back. The 2 big ones have a small curve at the extreme bottom, they weight 1oz . The small one does not have the curve and seem to be quite fat, it weights 3/4oz.

Thanks a lot

Pat

Attachments

vaindioux

Reaction score
Think they`re dardevile spoons , quite popular for pike at one time I believe.
Ok with your help and some homework, I figured it out. The 2 large ones as you said are dardevil and the smaller one is a dardevlet.
If someone knows some sites to help me with collecting Eppinger spoons, I would appreciate it.

Thxs Salmo76

Pat

salmo76

Reaction score
Ok with your help and some homework, I figured it out. The 2 large ones as you said are dardevil and the smaller one is a dardevlet.
If someone knows some sites to help me with collecting Eppinger spoons, I would appreciate it.

Thxs Salmo76

Pat
Don`t know of any sites , does the company still exist and can you still get them ? I have an old lures direct catalogue from the Harris angling company, issue 3 (1993 ) , whose cover picture is a large pike leaping at close range with a dardevle spoon hanging from its mouth, clearly visible, right down to the detail of the little devil motif. On page 29 they gave details of the dardeviles they had for sale showing pictures of an American flag version, rainbow trout , perch and red stripe model but they didn`t do any other Eppinger lures.