What’s the story with ordering from danielsson at the moment?

The Flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Has anyone in the UK ordered from danielsson lately?
I noticed at the end of checkout they remove the vat.
Obviously vat will be added in this country but was wondering what else you will get stung for?
Cheers

The Flying Scotsman

Reaction score

Rosslinden0

Reaction score
Someone posted about ordering one here recently, said it worked out a couple of quid cheaper than pre brexit

ibm59

Reaction score
Thanks.
Im hoping someone who has ordered from Danielsson lately will be able to tel me of their experience. Cheers
Be interesting to hear what they found.
‘Would also be interesting to hear if anyone has sent a reel back for replacement / repair since Brexit , and how easy or difficult that turned out to be ?
I suspect it will be rather more difficult and costly than pre Brexit.

Bruino

Reaction score
‘Would also be interesting to hear if anyone has sent a reel back for replacement / repair since Brexit , and how easy or difficult that turned out to be ?
Not Danielsson but Vossoler in Germany ended up sending to a place recommended on here

The Flying Scotsman

Reaction score
I’ve ordered rod building components from Germany lately and never paid vat at purchase but had a few things to pay before I received them. Think it was vat import tax and £11 handling fee from courier.
I was £60 odd on top of a few hundred quid order.
It worked out about the same as before bar the extra £11 handling fee.
I presume it will be the same from danielsson but would be good to hear it from the horses mouth.

clydesider

Reaction score
My Danielsson experience on this thread.
Mike

MCXFisher

Reaction score
I sent a Danielsson back for replacement in May. They sent me a detailed email explaining exactly what to do and how, and the process worked perfectly. I had the new reel within 10 days. It would have been quicker if I hadn’t used Royal Mail (who were quick) because this made SVPost the counter-party and they’re slow. Indeed, they don’t deliver to Danielsson’s factory, but drop off at the district CoOp. Nevertheless one of the team drove down there in his own car to collect my reel. And best of all, they didn’t charge a penny for the service or even the upgrade! They’re off the scale of customer service.

ibm59

Reaction score
I sent a Danielsson back for replacement in May. They sent me a detailed email explaining exactly what to do and how, and the process worked perfectly. I had the new reel within 10 days. It would have been quicker if I hadn’t used Royal Mail (who were quick) because this made SVPost the counter-party and they’re slow. Indeed, they don’t deliver to Danielsson’s factory, but drop off at the district CoOp. Nevertheless one of the team drove down there in his own car to collect my reel. And best of all, they didn’t charge a penny for the service or even the upgrade! They’re off the scale of customer service.
And no further charges for receiving what would have been brand new goods imported into the UK for the very first time , Michael ?

Bruino

Reaction score
I wish Vosseler where as considerate when dealing with customers, would not recommend buying from them.

keirstream

Reaction score
No import issues , Tam ?
I nearly bought that one , but some of the comments about import / export to Ireland put me off
Up here's for thinking, down there's for dancing B. :D
Outside of the box thinking was required, that's where Kenny came into the frame.
He'll be over before Christmas to see his folks.(y)

pot belly

Reaction score
I’ve had a reel delivered from danielsson this week.
I didn’t have to pay anything extra so this thread caught my eye.
Ive checked the tracking info and realised there must be a little loop hole living in N Ireland. The reel arrived via Dublin so some how avoided UK import charges etc.

MCXFisher

Reaction score
And no further charges for receiving what would have been brand new goods imported into the UK for the very first time , Michael ?
None, because I’d paid the dues on the first one. This was listed as warranty return.

Slaneybs

Reaction score
Ive checked the tracking info and realised there must be a little loop hole living in N Ireland. The reel arrived via Dublin so some how avoided UK import charges etc.
As a result of the much-maligned Northern Ireland Protocol Northern Ireland is part of the Single Market for VAT purposes on goods (but not services). I am sure Scotland would love the same treatment.

The Flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Interestingly ordering from China to the EU you need to provide a vat no. now.
On both my last orders for blanks and a different place for guides winding checks etc. they both said they required a vat no. before they could post. Both times I had to point out the UK is no longer in the EU and had my items posted no problems.

chriswjx

Reaction score

Right, danielsson supplier to the UK now found 😂

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
I’ve ordered rod building components from Germany lately and never paid vat at purchase but had a few things to pay before I received them. Think it was vat import tax and £11 handling fee from courier.
I was £60 odd on top of a few hundred quid order.
It worked out about the same as before bar the extra £11 handling fee.
I presume it will be the same from danielsson but would be good to hear it from the horses mouth.

So checking the receipts, I was out a bit.

The F3W was:

Reel: £148
Postage: £16
Vat & charges: £43.67 (£32.80 VAT, £10.87 )
Total: £207.67

Hope that helps

GK

allysshrimp

Reaction score
Ordered on Sunday and arrived today. No issues in ordering.
IMG_1179.JPEG