West of Ireland

Dusty Miller

Reaction score
Recently returned from a trip to the Moy and Lough Inagh in Connemara.

Had a day on the Cathdral Beat. Water was up a bit so most of the fish running straight through. The beat runs between the bridge where I'm taking the photo and the bridge you can see. An 8 rod beat :eek: A little crowded but each to their own...

Then had 3 days on the Wall Pool at Mount Falcon. 6 fish between the two of us. 3-8lbs and all bars of silver - some with long tailed sea lice. Reminded me a bit of the middle/upper Wye. Fish taken with garden flies or tin slinging (there is some fly water but no joy).

Wall Pool

Then a couple of days on the rivers running into Lough Inagh. No fish but given the scenery it didnt seem to matter...

Last edited:

Salmo salar

Reaction score
You did it justice!

Good to see such creativity rewarded with a good catch - you hit the Moy as it's coming into its own while Inagh is having one of its best years and no one deserves that more than Maura and Colin. Might get those pics up in Inagh Lodge they're so good!
well done
Salmo

macd

Reaction score
super pics dusty. im heading over to ireland for a few days in early august and have a day on the cathedral. I hope the water drops. i fished there in 2006 and it was heaving with grilse.

easky

Reaction score
great pix, really give a flavour of your trip. Glad to hear you got some fish which also helps to make it memorable. The water looks a bit high for the Cathedral, its drops a fair bit now and as Macd says hope it stays that way so the fish begin to build up ;)