Welcome to Yorkshire - Fishing the River Ure

SP8

Reaction score
Have you seen the Dundonnell. Only river I know which can’t be run in high water. Next to the Gruinard, Wester Ross.
Probably but it's in Scotland:) we were discussing English rivers. I dare say Scotland would have a fair few that beat any in England.

SP8

Fishfinder1

Reaction score
How far do the salmon and seatrout travel as i fished it back in the early 90s.
I fished at bainbridge and did catch one seatrout looking fish but all we new was there was browns to fish for. We did se a lot of fish leaping like 4ft in the air.
And we did always wonder if it had salmon seatrout.

Fishfinder1

Reaction score
This was the permit then. No mention of migratory fish

Attachments

• 16170992017124557028620511396875.jpg
    16170992017124557028620511396875.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 55

meyre

Reaction score
Aysgarth falls , aye tricky, but you need to remember these are Yorkshire fish and as my most beloved, born and raised in Kirby Fleetham , will remind one...they can do anything!!!

Michael - thank you. I have come but late to this and it is the most encouraging thing I have seen for some long time.

MCXFisher

Reaction score
I can't think many (if any) manage to get up through Aysgarth Falls - unless anyone on here knows otherwise ?
I don't think we can be sure either way as there are a few points round the edges where it might be possible at the right water height. I have long since ceased being surprised where salmon get to, including up and over much bigger obstacles than Aysgarth.

Richarde

Reaction score
I fished Swinton yesterday and the water was close to perfect after the last week’s rain and subsequent rise. As a result I was lucky enough to catch a circa 14lb hen fish on a lovely Autumn day. I’ve fished Swinton a few times and always enjoy it, but have never managed to locate the lower pools, perhaps put off by the uphill hike through Nutwith Woods.