Welcome to the Grayling section

happy days

Reaction score
well done Graylinghunter would that be a dee grayling, i am a member at llangollen and have had some great sport there.

smokie999

Reaction score
I only had a couple of Wharfe trips last winter and blanked. However I caught quite a few over the summer at Ilkley. Also some people on the fly fishing forum seem to have had a decent time of it down at Pool last winter - whereabouts on the Wharfe do you tend to fish for grayling?
we should all really meet up one sunday at pool for a bit of grayling fishing

Lancsflyman

Reaction score
I had my first outing for the grayling on Monday on the ribble, i had 5 takes only connecting with 2 one on for a few seconds and one i got into i were just about to unhook and lost it, maybe abit better look next time:rolleyes:

speers

Reaction score
I have this rod in an as new condition only used a couple of times.I just cant get used to it so looking for a reasonable offer for it.

Any Takers

chris
can you give us lads an idea on price , I am interested also, but not the first to ask:rolleyes:
b.r speers

pond.olive

Reaction score
I have this rod in an as new condition only used a couple of times.I just cant get used to it so looking for a reasonable offer for it.

Any Takers

chris
I also have this rod and like it quite a lot. I'm pretty sure Mick has rated this rod very conservatively. I regularly overhead and spey cast a WF5. It will also spey cast a WF8 well enough but I think overheading an 8wt might be a bit much..

How have other users found this rod??

McDeadcar

Reaction score
The Grayling Society

as mentioned before look up the grayling society, they will most likely have a list of rivers that have stocks of grayling.
I am a member of this society and this year they have produced a list of opportunities for grayling fishing. Which is useful.

There is no enormous personal advantage to membership in my opinion, the society exists to promote the grayling and will hopefully eventually turn enough heads around until appropriate waters can be fished throughout the winter - if enough of us show an interest and raise the profile of this beautiful game fish.