Welcome to Lets Tackle Cancer.

Springer

Reaction score
SFF has decided to support Lets Tackle Cancer as one of its new supported charities for 2014.

Lets Tackle Cancer is an angling based charity which was started in 2010 to help raise money for three well known cancer charities, Cancer Research, Marie Curie Cancer Care and Macmillan Cancer Support. All monies raise by Lets Tackle Cancer are shared equally between these charities or when donating to Lets Tackle Cancer it is possible to state which of the three charities you would like your money to go to.

I hope that during 2014 we can use our collective size here on SFF to help support a charity that fights against a disease that will most likely have touched all of our lives.

Lets Tackle Cancer

Tyke

Reaction score
That's a very good idea Alan,

Do you intend to have an "in-house auction" on the SFF website & donate the money or should we just join the other forum & donate on an individual basis?

Regards, Tyke.

Springer

Reaction score
We will be hosting things on SFF, Im sure you will hear details from LTC very soon.

Tyke

Reaction score
Excellant,

I'll start having a rumage in the spare rooms.

Tyke.

Lets Tackle Cancer

Reaction score
Thank you for the warm welcome, some guys on here will already have heard of Lets tackle cancer

Lets tackle cancer was started three years ago to raise a couple of pounds to pay tribute to a fishing buddy who passed away because of this terrible disease. like all these things it soon grew arms and legs.

From it's humble beginnings where my mate Steve sold a couple of home made furled leaders to now in 2014 where lets tackle cancer has raised approx £27,000 for the three cancer charities.
I have been discussing this for some time with Alan and i am please to say that Alan has kindly agreed that SFF would like to help with the lets tackle cancer cause.
We have been waiting for the best timing to bring LTC to the salmon forum.
For the last good few months i have been working on building what i think is a bloody good raffle prize fund which will be raffled this year and drawn at the end of March by Hywel Morgan at the Glasgow angling centre open day.
I have also got some great salmon fishing lots that i would like to auction here on SFF.
More info about the auctions will follow.

Thanks for the support in advance ;)

stew1

Reaction score
A very good cause.

I am sure that most on here will have something to put up for a raffle.

Last edited:

Bradan_eire_alba

Reaction score
Well done lets tackle cancer. A fantastic cause. I will certainly be contributing to this. A great choice of charities to support and one we should all be able to unite with. Well done all concerned.

coppertoby

Banned
Reaction score
Having seen first hand what this awful disease can do,i wholeheartedly support it 100%,any way i can support it through the forum i will be more than happy to donate item,items to raise funds to support a very worth while cause.

Great stuff,john.

ameliasdaddy

Reaction score
SFF has decided to support Lets Tackle Cancer as one of its new supported charities for 2014.

Lets Tackle Cancer is an angling based charity which was started in 2010 to help raise money for three well known cancer charities, Cancer Research, Marie Curie Cancer Care and Macmillan Cancer Support. All monies raise by Lets Tackle Cancer are shared equally between these charities or when donating to Lets Tackle Cancer it is possible to state which of the three charities you would like your money to go to.

I hope that during 2014 we can use our collective size here on SFF to help support a charity that fights against a disease that will most likely have touched all of our lives.

Lets Tackle Cancer

Great initative this charity, I did some flies for an auction when it was first started on fly forums. I'd be happy to put something together for it again.

Lets Tackle Cancer

Reaction score
If you send me a pm with your name and tel number for the ticket stump then make a payment to the just giving account stating your name or forum name etc and please mention SFF in some way then i can track the cash and fill out your ticket for you.

Please pay using this link: Brian Taylor is fundraising for Macmillan Cancer Support

it will all make sense when you see the other payments already made.

Good luck

Last edited:

KVC

Reaction score
Worthy cause

This is a great idea, I was diagnosed with Hogkins Lymphoma in 1993 at 19 years old and have been though the chemo and radio therapy regimes. Really scary times, I have been in remission for 18+ years, I do still suffer with anxiety from time to time about my health but I am I fit and healthy and do a very manual job. Other SFF members will have gone though this themself or with someone very close to them I am sure.

Organisations like McMillan, Marie Curie etc are like shelters from the perfect storm, without them Cancer would be even more frightening, I will be eternally grateful to them for keeping me emotionally upright. It's not until you need these organisations in action you realise how important fund-raising is and how difficult it is, so many unsung heroes involved. LTC is a fantastic idea, for me fishing is part of recovery so LTC are right at home here. A huge thank you to Alan and LTC, anything I can do to help please let me know.

Lets Tackle Cancer

Reaction score
Very well put KVC, IMO we are winning the fight and hearing guys stories like yours is what keeps me going and working hard with LTC.
Power to you fella

STEW1 has bought some raffle tickets but i dont have any contact details.
Stew you ticket numbers are 0276 to 0280

Grilse Boy

Reaction score
Willing to raise funds

This is superb the forum supporting this I did some charity work last year for a kids cancer charity I would love to do another charity run this year to raise some funds for a SFF Promoted charity maybe a half marathon or a triathlon ??don't know how members would feel about it after they donated so well last time round ?
regards GB

unclealec

Reaction score
Hey Grilse Boy: if you're doing a half marathon I'll eat the other half. Don't see how it would raise money though.

Seriously, good on you. You did great last year.