Wee Hitch's

Lamson v10

Reaction score
I had a wee shot at fishing the hitch a cpl a weeks ago up the northie and quite enjoyed it πŸ‘πŸ» I fished one from the old man's box as I never had any so thought I'd better add a few to the armoury, these were first off the vice and the hole still to be drilled in them

_20200725_213509.JPG

lefthandup

Reaction score
Do you drill the hole or use a hot needle ?
They are really nice...tried a bit hitching early in the week without an offer.. another forum member showed me how it's done though with a lovely grilse on the hitch.

mows

Reaction score
Look good arnold.
Had my first cast with one this week.
Didn't get anything but will be using again!

wormo

Reaction score
I had a wee shot at fishing the hitch a cpl a weeks ago up the northie and quite enjoyed it πŸ‘πŸ» I fished one from the old man's box as I never had any so thought I'd better add a few to the armoury, these were first off the vice and the hole still to be drilled in them

View attachment 47876
thats what done the damage for me on thrs , and I done some for my m8 an he had a couple on them too , great way to fish

lefthandup

Reaction score
It must be a hell of a wee drill , anyway sometimes my problem hitching is seeing it in a bad light...especially on a big river.

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Look good, did you get any offers?
Thank's alan πŸ‘πŸ» it was the first time I'd tried the hitch method and although I didn't get any offers on it myself that day I really enjoyed fishing it and the visual aspect of it πŸ‘πŸ» it will now probably result in a new box full of hitch fly's πŸ˜‚

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Do you drill the hole or use a hot needle ?
They are really nice...tried a bit hitching early in the week without an offer.. another forum member showed me how it's done though with a lovely grilse on the hitch.
Thank's lefthandup πŸ‘πŸ». I'll use a wee 1mm drill bit on them πŸ‘πŸ» as to your question on your other post you could try using a bit of bright aero dry wing on top of the wing for added visibility ?

_20200726_073339.JPG

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Look good arnold.
Had my first cast with one this week.
Didn't get anything but will be using again!
Thank's mows πŸ‘πŸ». I've a few day's coming up on the northie so they'll get a swim then 🎣

Lamson v10

Reaction score
thats what done the damage for me on thrs , and I done some for my m8 an he had a couple on them too , great way to fish
I'd seen that on your post wormoπŸ‘πŸ» Well done 🎣. I'm hopeful on catching on them πŸ‘πŸ»

FISHBOY1

Reaction score
Hi guys would like to try the hitch method how do I set up line leader switch rod etc cheers F1

SEDGY

Reaction score
Great examples...small but perfectly formed.
Fish mine single handed on a 6ft leader ,great fun just targeting small pot holes and behind Stones and things.

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Hi guys would like to try the hitch method how do I set up line leader switch rod etc cheers F1
Hi fishboy, I'm certainly no expert on the subject of hitching but I'll fish mine on a 10ft rod with a 9ft or 12ft tapered leader

Lamson v10

Reaction score
others may differ but I do a hot needle at an angle on the underside b4 tying View attachment 47879
If fishing a hitch with a beard on the bottom as mine do would the hole on the underside not split the beard?
And would a hole drilled in the side not be a better option?

I'll also do some just with a wing πŸ‘πŸ»