Wee Conehead Junctions

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Done these for a mate but I added a few to my own box as I liked the look of them

_20191021_142325.JPG

14mm SS Tube
SSS dubbing
Orange cock hackle
Orange bucktail
Cpl of strands of orange micro flash
Black floss
Micro silver oval rib
Orange cock hackle
White cock hackle
Junglecock
SS Cone

AlanT

Reaction score
Been a good fly to me that, excellent tying :thumb:

I also tie an almost identical red version with silver body, my most successful fly ever

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Been a good fly to me that, excellent tying :thumb:

I also tie an almost identical red version with silver body, my most successful fly ever
Thank's very much Alan :cool: I'm off to the tying station to give your red version a shot :thumb:

Rennie

Reaction score
Have to say for low light and mucky back end water, I prefer my "White Wing" flee to be Red and White as opposed to Orange.Suffice to say my tyings are shambolic and Heath Robison to say the least.Be very interested indeed in seeing what a higher echelon tyre such as Lamsonv10 comes up with - - - - so I can shamelessly copy it!.
Pedro.

AlanT

Reaction score
Have to say for low light and mucky back end water, I prefer my "White Wing" flee to be Red and White as opposed to Orange.Suffice to say my tyings are shambolic and Heath Robison to say the least.Be very interested indeed in seeing what a higher echelon tyre such as Lamsonv10 comes up with - - - - so I can shamelessly copy it!.
Pedro.
I love a white wing, these are my goto flies right now, white wing waddys or size 10 long shank trebles

Gave most of them away last weekend as I hooked two fish on them so so became flavour of the month, need to tie more for this weekend

Ive done well with them especially gin clear water

20180919_224317.jpg

Last edited:

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Crackers Alan 🎣. That's tomorrow evenings tying sorted now :thumb: a few of them on wads and a few on wee tubes :)

Hardyreels

Administrator
Reaction score
You always make really sharp flies and these are beauties and I have a question. Why do you call them Junction Fly?

I'd say that 95% of my fish caught in Alaska are caught using flies I discovered through these threads. Just this past Monday I and a friend caught some wonderful rainbow trout using the Dee Monkey pattern.

I love looking at these and I even try to copy them so I can try them here. Thanks for taking time to tie - photo and post these :)

Ard

Lamson v10

Reaction score
You always make really sharp flies and these are beauties and I have a question. Why do you call them Junction Fly?

I'd say that 95% of my fish caught in Alaska are caught using flies I discovered through these threads. Just this past Monday I and a friend caught some wonderful rainbow trout using the Dee Monkey pattern.

I love looking at these and I even try to copy them so I can try them here. Thanks for taking time to tie - photo and post these :)

Ard
Thank's for your kind words Ard very much appreciated :thumb
The fly was named after the famous pool on the river tweed the junction pool

LOOKING DOWN THE POOL
_20191023_170844.JPG

LOOKING UPWARDS
_20191023_171053.JPG

The fly tying section on the forum is fantastic, I certainly take a lot of inspiration from it and it's many great contributers :cool:

Arnold