Wear sea trout

• Thread starter Deleted member 21851
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21851

My first of the season last night at quarter to midnight.
4-5lb, about average for the Wear.
Very soft take. I just felt the line tighten slightly. Then all hell let loose.

IMG_20180607_234244.jpg

D

Deleted member 945

Is that a glow in the dark bead threaded on the line I see? Bought a pack of them ages ago for that very idea but never got round to trying it

D

Deleted member 21851

Good man Walleye, that would "go a bit" I would guess :thumb:

Aye, I would say maybe once or twice for a few seconds I thought I was in control then it was off again....

D

Deleted member 21851

glo beads

Is that a glow in the dark bead threaded on the line I see? Bought a pack of them ages ago for that very idea but never got round to trying it

yes it is. 3mm green, cheap ones. I've tried several types over the years. There is a small glass permanent glo bead comes in blue, orange, green but I've never managed to find anyone who sells them. Chemical glow so they are permanent - well 2-3 years I guess. Some tie them into their flies or secure them with silicone tube at the bend of the hook or the head of the fly.

I'm not sure if glow beads help but they don't hurt for sure. I fish them more from habit than anything else. Don't often charge them up as a dull almost negligible glow to us is easily visible to a night feeder like sea trout and can give a ghostly shadow to the fly.....

Lancsflyman

Reaction score
Well done that's a cracking sea trout
I've been out a few times so far but the fish aren't there yet on the Ribble, maybe next week:)

sewinfly

Reaction score
There's something special catching sewin at night, when it takes you just don't know how big they are going to be.Then off they go all over the pool at times.
Great fish.

Sewinfly. ........

Mickyo

Reaction score
Excellent fish there Walleye, Well done and the 1st of many I hope:thumb:
Think I need to get down there, its been about 4 weeks since I was on the Wear with no signs of anything.

D

Deleted member 21851

How far upriver was that? Any others showing themselves yet?
Well done.

Page bank area. Not a lot around yet but quite a few definitely came in with the last small lift. They'll be all over by now but not in so great numbers just yet. Main sea trout run starts in a week or two and peaks in July.

Junior fisher2001

Reaction score
Wear Sea trout

Hope you don't mind me jumping in the post with a piccy, but here's my first of the season from Durham last week with pops-about 3-4lbs or there abouts.I was over the moon to catch something-at last.
Lots of fish were showing or at least i thought they was lots.Free section Durham,i am a total novice so i rely upon the info from "Dad" we also seen some nice salmon around 7-12lbs sizes and odd bigger ones,but we had no luck with the salmon well i didn't dad was coaching me along.

Photo0008.jpg

D

Deleted member 21851

Hope you don't mind me jumping in the post with a piccy, but here's my first of the season from Durham last week with pops-about 3-4lbs or there abouts.I was over the moon to catch something-at last.
Lots of fish were showing or at least i thought they was lots.Free section Durham,i am a total novice so i rely upon the info from "Dad" we also seen some nice salmon around 7-12lbs sizes and odd bigger ones,but we had no luck with the salmon well i didn't dad was coaching me along.

View attachment 30529
Cracking fish, well done.
More than happy for everyone to post photos of their Wear sea trout on this thread:)