Water Level Clyde

Salmonidae

Reaction score
This is pretty urgent, does anyone know how high the clyde is? A.k.A is it at spinning level or is it at its bones? Thanks for any replies. (p.s i'm probably going for a session tommorow very early so need to know now, and i can't drive so i can't check myself).

Fruin

Reaction score
I'm just off the phone to someone who tells me that it is still low, but that's not to say it will not be 'up' by tomorrow morning. :confused:

Salmonidae

Reaction score
Thanks Fruin, it has got a good chance of being up by tommorow if it rains half-decently tonight. The last time i went out salmon fishing it was a low water for three days and then the next morning when we reached the water it was almost in spate. :)confused:)

Any idea why the water seems to keep dropping every time the rain stops? It seems to shoot up while it's raining but once it stops the water ends up back down majorly.

Last edited:

Fruin

Reaction score
The ground needs a right good soaking. What we need is a good few days of rain followed by odd days of it. What we seem to be getting at the moment is short heavy showers that do nothing for the improvement of our sport.

magpie-tail

Reaction score
This is pretty urgent, does anyone know how high the clyde is? A.k.A is it at spinning level or is it at its bones? Thanks for any replies. (p.s i'm probably going for a session tommorow very early so need to know now, and i can't drive so i can't check myself).

were you fishing ucapa or mid clyde?does it no say on permit about levels ?

Kildonnan

Reaction score
Check the river levels on the SEPA site and relate them to the various levels when locals would use certain methods. I fish the Irvine at the Kilmarnock stretch and when the SEPA readings (at Shewalton - a few miles downstream) show 0.80 on the graph, the river here - if not brown - is perfect for fly fishing. Slightly higher, spin.