Waders....

RUSH

Reaction score
I bought a pair just a touch on the small side for me a large on the vision ikons are perfect on me but large on the iwader are a touch small they seem well made I know a few people who have them a friend loves them and another his leaked first time on they cost $72 postage and I got charged £22 import tax which made them about £80 they came direct from China at the moment mine are still in the bag with the labels on I don’t know whether to keep them or sell them

ArchieL

Reaction score
Cannot be any worse than the new super duper Hodgman waders which i bought last back end , wore them for a week last year then hung them up over the winter in my cupboard and only used them for around 7 days in the spring . Put them on in October and leaking at the crotch at the seems all the way round. Now i have had them for over a year but they have only been worn around 20 times and each time they get hung up inside my cupboard to dry out. Back to the cheap Simms for me now , not even up for debate in my eyes now.

Rrrr

Reaction score
If you want stretchy breathable waders then scierra were doing them a while back. No idea what they are like but looked good on a youtube review

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

sneakypeter

Reaction score
I got a pair of Prologic Pro lite breathable bootfoot waders , very lightweight (1.2kg), comfortable and so far leak free, not bad for £80 inc post.
peter

Chester

Reaction score
I bought a pair of Scierra 20000 off diver Dave at the beginning of the year. Used them pretty much every weekend over the season. At season end they were still bone dry. My only issue was that the feet were a little tight fitting.

Pretty impressed for the cost.

westie4566

Reaction score
I bought a pair of Scierra 20000 off diver Dave at the beginning of the year. Used them pretty much every weekend over the season. At season end they were still bone dry. My only issue was that the feet were a little tight fitting.

Pretty impressed for the cost.
I've known Dave for years, he only lives less than 10 mins drive from me. Think I'm just going to pay him a visit for my new waders - and put a couple of pairs in for the once over for spares.

Thanks to all for the input!:thumb:

duncan

Reaction score
Got a pair of Vision zip front waders from Dave a few years ago and they’re still going strong. Only leaks were caused by me walking into barb wire and putting a hook into them.

KILDONAN

Reaction score
I go through waders like crazy. I bought some Orvis new in April this season sure enough the seams were leaking in lots of places by Aug. Luckily I got an exchange under guarantee.
But What I do now in the warmer months if it's not going to be deep, is wet wade Using 1mm neoprene bottoms and booties and wear shorts. Using wet shoes.
It's surprising just how warm it is right up to the end of the trout season. Deep Salmon fishing though is different.
At least it saves some wear and tear.

westie4566

Reaction score
I go through waders like crazy. I bought some Orvis new in April this season sure enough the seams were leaking in lots of places by Aug. Luckily I got an exchange under guarantee.
But What I do now in the warmer months if it's not going to be deep, is wet wade Using 1mm neoprene bottoms and booties and wear shorts. Using wet shoes.
It's surprising just how warm it is right up to the end of the trout season. Deep Salmon fishing though is different.
At least it saves some wear and tear.
I admire your fortitude!! For me it would be 'b'ugger that for a game of soldiers'!:lol:

Back in my sailing dinghy racing days, we'd start out on a near frozen loch in March with drysuits then moving on too wetsuits as spring went on. It was always a shock to the system when we moved to the North Sea in late May...even then as the cold water trickled in...important things shrunk!!:tongue::lol:

Rrrr

Reaction score
I fish a beat that destroys waders as everything that grows has prickles etc, i got the scierra xtechs last year as they are meant to be as tough as you can get, they didnt last too long and need sent away to dave. The only waders that seem to be able to take the beating are my old batterd snowbee prestige that are made of more seam seal than material these days. They have an odd double skin on the front of the legs that seems to stop them getting holes in.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Ben-Macdui

Reaction score
Waist waders and braces from amazon for a tenner to hold them up do me. If you buy chest waders you paying nearly double for 6" of extra material and braces :nod:

BM

ozzyian

Reaction score
Keep getting these popping up on my facepuke page.

World's Most Comfortable Waders – iWader

They sound good, but ain't ever even heard of the brand before.

Any thought's/ input folks?
You know the solution westie - cancel fb:)

I had an Orvis wading jacket a few years ago that was trumpeted as revolutionary being stretchy and comfortable. Never before or since have I bought a fishing item so unsuitable for purpose. It was utter (expensive) rubbish, leaked like a sieve in light drizzle and after a year it would take a while to dry out having soaked up all available precipitation. I would have liked to have met the person who developed it, I would have said nothing and merely kneed him in the groin.

So that's what I think of stretchy 'waterproof' fabric. I think the answers to the wader problem are pretty well known now. Just for info I have Orvis sonic guide - which have been awesome (though the brace is failing now) and I think I'll get Ikons next time round - since I'm a tightwad.