Vosseler Reels

RUSH

Reaction score
Bigger diameter socket on the bottom thinner one on top g clamp and press it out when pressing the one back in make sure it’s has the same gap at either side of the bearing holder job done

ibm59

Reaction score
Bigger diameter socket on the bottom thinner one on top g clamp and press it out when pressing the one back in make sure it’s has the same gap at either side of the bearing holder job done
In English ? 😉

ibm59

Reaction score
Bearings ordered late Monday , and delivered this morning. 👍

Jock

Reaction score
Looking forward your your step by step dismantle and install, Brian
(y)

ibm59

Reaction score
Dont
(y)
don’t be holding your breath , old bean.
‘I don’t go back to work til next Wednesday 😉😀

ibm59

Reaction score
(y)
Getting the sleeved bearing out from the reel isn’t an issue. Done it umpteen times.
Plan A is to source a slack handful of the sleeves , fit the bearings , and keep a couple in the weskit in case of waterside seizures.
‘Bearing seizures , that is. 😉

charlieH

Reaction score
Interesting stuff on the Vosseler bearings; I too have had issues with them seizing up and think I'll get a couple of spares to have in reserve. A couple of questions:

Does anyone know if the S1 reels take the same bearings as the S3?

And what should one do to prevent them from seizing? I do try to remember to back off the drag when not in use, but would a good dollop of grease also help, or is a lighter lubricant better?

ibm59

Reaction score
Interesting stuff on the Vosseler bearings; I too have had issues with them seizing up and think I'll get a couple of spares to have in reserve. A couple of questions:

Does anyone know if the S1 reels take the same bearings as the S3?

And what should one do to prevent them from seizing? I do try to remember to back off the drag when not in use, but would a good dollop of grease also help, or is a lighter lubricant better?
I was advised to stop using WD40 on the bearings , Charlie , and have been using Singer oil since.
No further issues to date.

Jock

Reaction score
Dont have an S1 so can't say what the bearing size is. However if you strip down there should be an identifier stamped on the bearing somewhere Failing that measure size of bearing. The S3 bearing has an id of 10 and od of 12 and is 14 long hence the bearing reference HF 1012

bankwheel

Reaction score
WD40 is a release agent, shouldn’t be used to lubricate anything. Good for cleaning but needs to be washed off then a suitable lubricant applied.