Vosseler Reels

Gerryatric72

Reaction score

DrPatrickT

Reaction score
I went on the site and for 50 quid and if made by vosseler - I’m getting one! Looks like they are out of stock so hope they restock and the price is the same!

DrPatrickT

Reaction score
Ok - sounds good, does an S3 spool fit into the housing then ie Is it exact same as an S3? I’m Still going to buy one if They come back in stock

RUSH

Reaction score
Ok - sounds good, does an S3 spool fit into the housing then ie Is it exact same as an S3? I’m Still going to buy one if They come back in stock
It’s funny I’ve got an s3 with a spare spool one of the spools fit the Chinese reel and one doesn’t and the spool of the Chinese reel fits the s3 I’ve not tried the century reel on either of them yet but I’d imagine it’ll fit I’ll get back to you on that one,taking the spool off is the same as the vosseler you don’t need to take the centre cap right off

DrPatrickT

Reaction score

DrPatrickT

Reaction score
And checked the spec- weighs same as a vosseler 244/250 g etc. Thanks again for posting. So assume if it was Alan Maughan who got them (Century) to do a vosseler - he made sure it was a very good copy.B0F76376-3EC9-4E50-819B-E1CBA29C81CA.jpeg

Springer

Reaction score
The Century Stealth reel is also made by Vosseler. Very good quality with great drag and a nice soft outgoing/incoming click.
The were £199 but currently on sale at an absolute bargain price if £50. Needless to say I have a couple.
Cheers Diarmid.
The Century reels were made in China and had nothing whatsoever to do with Vosseler, China are the masters of cloning.

I did speak to Ralf Vosselelr about making some but his lead times were too long at the time. I used these Centry reels a lot, played lots of big fish on them and they were worth every penny of the £199 they were sold at so at £50 they are a bargain.

Once bit of advice is remove the spool retaining nut and grease it a couple of times a season or it will seize on.