Vosseler Passion 10/12...opinions plse

neilfly1

Reaction score
Getting more and more tempted by these beautiful reels.. anyone have one that can give their opinion plse, hard to get info on them
sealed/submersible drag?
audible clicker on retrieve and line out?
what’s actual capacity like?
thanks in advance

neilfly1

Reaction score
I have the 9/10 Passion in red. Really nice reel lovely smooth drag system (tested on 2 high teen weight fish) no audible clicker very quite purr. Very highly polished thin rim may be easily marked.
Thanks very much for the info, interesting (and for me,brilliant)that it’s quiet
do you know if the drag is fully sealed by chance?
could I ask what backing capacity and line or running line and head etc you have on your 9/10. I am assuming their quoted specs on their website are fir single hand line capacities...?

Bruino

Reaction score
Thanks very much for the info, interesting (and for me,brilliant)that it’s quiet
do you know if the drag is fully sealed by chance?
could I ask what backing capacity and line or running line and head etc you have on your 9/10. I am assuming their quoted specs on their website are fir single hand line capacities...?
Purchased my reel directly from Vosseler very little information on website but found this which gave more detail

JoeE

Reaction score
These are pretty much tarted up Salmologic Classicos. Great real with a more than enough drag for here. However I did find the one 40lb I was hooked into made it look like sweet fa as it just tore the line off with the drag on full.

You wont be disappointed however by these reels. Vosseler have decent customer service and pricing for repairs is very reasonable

Henke

Reaction score
These are pretty much tarted up Salmologic Classicos. Great real with a more than enough drag for here. However I did find the one 40lb I was hooked into made it look like sweet fa as it just tore the line off with the drag on full.

You wont be disappointed however by these reels. Vosseler have decent customer service and pricing for repairs is very reasonable
I agree - I do not either think he will be disappointed with Vosseler.
But tarted up Salmologic...? Maybe (from Vosseler I have heard that they made their own first). Salmologic had Vossler to produce a slightly different reel. 100 I think it was...but doubled the price ! :) Aproxx. 790 GBP instead of aprox. 470 GBP.
Micke Frodin has also had Vosseler to produce a new range of reels (Passion) numbered and too his own specifications...and a pricetag at approx. 500 GBP.
This just "for the record" - I agree Vosseler reel are very good and their looks are great (IMHO).

Neil W

Reaction score
They do look good but if I read it right they are about 9oz so a bit on the light side for my anything over 13ft for my taste

neilfly1

Reaction score
I have the 9/10 Passion in red. Really nice reel lovely smooth drag system (tested on 2 high teen weight fish) no audible clicker very quite purr. Very highly polished thin rim may be easily marked.
By chance, do You remember how much backing you got on it and what line/running line head combo

Bruino

Reaction score
By chance, do You remember how much backing you got on it and what line/running line head combo
I managed about 150 yds 30lb thin dacron backing not gelspun a hardy running line and connected whatever 9wt shooting head (galeforce rio )