Visitors from Africa.

billy fish

Reaction score
A pair of swallows have just returned to the barn . I hope the other pair return soon.

B0A7BC27-3A86-47C4-BB46-B3577D4907FD.jpeg

Sorry about the picture quality.

Colin.

Chicharito

Reaction score
I love it when the swallows return. Hopefully might see the first ones here in West Yorkshire in the next few days.
If not should see some next week in Northumberland.

westie4566

Reaction score
A few weeks before they get up to my neck of the woods - can't wait to see and hear them.

G

guest2938

Saw one at Nairn last Tuesday and that’s far north

DCH

Reaction score
Haven't seen any swallows or swift's yet. Was lucky enough to see my first osprey of the year 31/3 over a local loch. Wonderful time of the year when the weather is like this.

heather point

Reaction score
Haven't seen any swallows or swift's yet. Was lucky enough to see my first osprey of the year 31/3 over a local loch. Wonderful time of the year when the weather is like this.
The swallows always come before the swifts.
The swifts are the last to come and the first to go, the Lotus Elans of the bird world.

Chicharito

Reaction score
I love it when the swallows return. Hopefully might see the first ones here in West Yorkshire in the next few days.
If not should see some next week in Northumberland.

Saw my first ones today on the Tweed at Horncliffe!
Hopefully they will have arrived in my part of West Yorkshire when I return on Friday. Late though this year!

seeking

Reaction score
Yorkshire (were there a god it'd be god's own coun
The swallows always come before the swifts.
The swifts are the last to come and the first to go, the Lotus Elans of the bird world.
Saw only one swallow yesterday, it was late or lost, the rest are all gone...

(Eurasian) Swifts are still here in abundance mind, stocking up on the last of the abundant insects before heading north over the Sahara… Swifts are brilliant, a life on the wing.

Greetings from the sunny Sahel.