VIsion Tool 14ft

salmonstu.

Reaction score
Hi All
Any advice for best gaelforce line for this rod - rated up to 45g. Have found 42g good, but also 44g Mackenzie heads fly out. Don't know whether to get the 40g or 44g gaelforce multi tip, as putting a polyleader on the end will push the weight up!................Any advice would be appreciated

Salad Dodger

Reaction score
The 14’ Tool handles a Guideline 48g Triple Density shooting head or a Vision 730gr Skagit with 15’ T20 without any problems.

If your not in a hurry, I can try my EEMT 10/11 on mine at the back end of the week.

The rod has a very large gram/grain window.

You could also give James Chalmers a ring at Gaelforce, he is a true gentleman to deal with.

paddymc

Reaction score
The Rio scandi versitip is great on that rod, in either 10 or 11wt.

Salad Dodger

Reaction score
Hi All
Any advice for best gaelforce line for this rod - rated up to 45g. Have found 42g good, but also 44g Mackenzie heads fly out. Don't know whether to get the 40g or 44g gaelforce multi tip, as putting a polyleader on the end will push the weight up!................Any advice would be appreciated
Just had a few casts with the Gaelforce EEMT 10/11 on my 14’ Tool and it handled no problem.

The EEMT 10/11 is 52g including the 15’ tip.

As it is the extended multi tip it is 48ft long. I prefer the extended multi tip as it “less splashy” then normal shooting heads.

Hope this helps salmonstu