Vision Spey Ace Line

Seatoner

Reaction score
Can anyone give me any info or reviews of the Vision Spey Ace line, Stirling Angling Centre have them on offer for £19.99 at the moment but the line length is given as 20 metres which makes me think they are more of a shooting head type line?

Strathglass

Reaction score
Excellent line all round. Good turnover(even with tips), shoots well and nice high vis loading point. At the cost it is superb and it is a full spey type line albeit a short headed one.

The 20m refers to the head length, it has 55ft head plus the back taper, the full line is around 45m.

bender

Reaction score
Spey ACE back taper is very long 6m/20ft so it can be casted with different head lengths better than any other line. But when almost 20m out of rod tip it becomes challenging to anchor so that anchor does not break or attach too much. Spey ACE tip diameter is also rather thick so it carries polyleaders and light tips as well and with light tip it IMHO becomes more balanced.

beanieboy

Reaction score
I had one - very light for its stated rating [Vision shooting heads are the same] - I would suggest you go up a line weight when buying.

Seatoner

Reaction score
They only have them in the one size 10/11, the rod it would be used with is a Greys g-Tec 15 foot 10 wt, I'm going to give it a go anyway.

bender

Reaction score
And you can build two nice shooting heads. Rear becomes nice tight place head (if you do not mind orange tip) and front normal SH.