Vision Hybrid shooting head

maurin

Reaction score
Hi all, anyone is using the vision Hybrid integrated shooting head? With this line is necessary adding the tips's weight to the body's weight to be in the grain window of your rod or is only the body's weight what marks the grain window?

tawsalmon

Reaction score
Hi all, anyone is using the vision Hybrid integrated shooting head? With this line is necessary adding the tips's weight to the body's weight to be in the grain window of your rod or is only the body's weight what marks the grain window?
Hi, I have a 31g and 35g version of this line. You do have to add the weight of your chosen Vision hybrid tip to calculate the overall weighting of the head for the rod you intend to use.

I seem to recall that their 15 ft tips are around 11g and the 20 ft tips are around 15g. So you can see the total head weight for the 31g body using a 15ft tip would 42g, and so on.

I like the lines. They perform very well.

I’ve used old Rio windcutter 15ft tips on the lines too with satisfactory performance.

ian74

Reaction score
Personally the confusion started with watching a video from Antti Gutthorm.
He says to choose the weight of the belly from their tables, scandi skagit etc. and not to worry about the tip!
Another video has a bloke fishing a single hand rod with one saying he uses a polyleader instead of a tip.
Probably why I’ve never tried one because I would use tip and body weight combined.
I should maybe stop looking at youtube videos

maurin

Reaction score
Personally the confusion started with watching a video from Antti Gutthorm.
He says to choose the weight of the belly from their tables, scandi skagit etc. and not to worry about the tip!
Another video has a bloke fishing a single hand rod with one saying he uses a polyleader instead of a tip.
Probably why I’ve never tried one because I would use tip and body weight combined.
I should maybe stop looking at youtube videos
Yes, was a bit confusing for me also. It's not clear explained on the web page