Very early in the morning

T7

Reaction score
I like getting there early to have first crack at them, but maybe I’m the only one who hasn’t had a great deal of early action? Looking at my diary most of my fish come between 10am and midday...

Ps, I also fish dusk and into dark a lot when sea trout fishing and haven’t had much late action from salmon either. I have had one or two at night in full darkness

Reaction score
Yes, At least for Kings , no doubt it’s better early in the morning; just after sunrise , fish are much more active . Activity usually is pretty constant till about 10-10:30 then dies down. I’ve never fished in the evening for them but I’ve heard that it picks up again later , like around 5:30-6 and is good till dark.

Jer

Reaction score
Hope your right T7... late getting up and only now at 8.30 heading to the Mourne today... 5 weeks in a row of no shows due to excessive water... only to be met by a super sunny day today... looks like Factor 50 and casting practice!

ArchieL

Reaction score
I like to be on the water and set up just as light is lifting then fish hard until mid morning. This has always been my most productive time. Never really had red letter amounts of fish in the last hour. Early morning every time for me..The amount of times i have seen fish showing just as it is becoming light and you know where they are sitting. As soon as it is daylight they stay down and if you turned up then you would think the pool is empty.