Vac rac magnetic rod holders

Handel

Reaction score
I have had a pair for years. Very strong, very reliable. Just make sure they go with your vehicle. A lot of modern vehicles have curves all over the place. You need a decent sized flat area on the bonnet and a decent sized flat area on the roof. This latter bit can be a problem if you have to push it back a bit to get away from the curve of the roof and then find you have a perspex sun roof which it won't attach to. And of course they are no use for aluminium bodied vehicles.

The instructions say to clean the areas of the car they are going to attach to. For vacuum holders this is because otherwise they won't work. For these magnetic holders it is because they can pick up bits of grit which then scratch the vehicle. For the same reason they are bext stored together in accordance with the instructions.

sgellert

Reaction score
Just ensure your car is actually steel on both hood and roof. When I got a new one recently, the magnetic one didn't stick to the hood.
So now I have magnetic on roof and the "Quad" with suction cups on the hood.

finreid

Reaction score
Excellent if your car is magnetic! I've just changed motors and found out that my bonnet is no longer magnetic, so had to make the following tweaks:

noeyedeer

Reaction score

DonnieH

Reaction score
Need a recommendation for suction ones. Standard vac raqs, quads or the wheatley ones. All have mixed reviews. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

uplands50

Reaction score
Sumo are very good, a couple of years ago I left my vacrac carriers at home, had to get some new rod carriers from Orvis in Banchory , Sumo was all they had. Didn’t like the price, but must admit they are very good, are they worth twice price probably.

Fergal1975

Reaction score
I made these from cheap eBay glass holders. Great job except the top one ended up breaking the windscreen. I now attach it to the roof above the glass