Upgrade 13' 6" #8/9 - recommendations?

chriswjx

Reaction score
Would be well worth a chat with John Norris. They've got an exclusive range of Guideline double handers coming out soon. Similar to the Stoked single handers which are nicely soft/slow. Should be well within your budget. Think they'll be called Reacher.

They've just launched the Stoked double hand range

Isisalar

Reaction score
As I understand it the new ones are different to the Stoked range which has been around for a while.
They'll be marketed under the Norris name like the N1i range was.

chriswjx

Reaction score
As I understand it the new ones are different to the Stoked range which has been around for a while.
They'll be marketed under the Norris name like the N1i range was.
Oh cool, I scrolled past a JN advert on Facebook for the "Brand New" Stoked DH range. Wonder what the price will be of them...

Isisalar

Reaction score
Very reasonable apparently. I was told that the 11' #7 switch will be sold as a rod, reel and line deal, like the Stoked was, for between £150 and £200. The range goes up to 15' and I think there was 13'6'' # 8/9 mentioned. The shop could give definite information.

Rrrr

Reaction score
Very reasonable apparently. I was told that the 11' #7 switch will be sold as a rod, reel and line deal, like the Stoked was, for between £150 and £200. The range goes up to 15' and I think there was 13'6'' # 8/9 mentioned. The shop could give definite information.
Itl be intresting to see what blanks they are built on. I use the guideline laxa switch which came as an outfit from guideline and was at the cheaper end of things. Its a great little rod and casts well.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Mabb

Reaction score

Price approx. 350 GBP - brand new directly from LTS ! Not near 500 GBP...
But I do understand that you find that it might be a bit heavier (line weight) that you want.. (36-38 gram approx.).

well thanks a lot, I’ve just bought one and I have no need for a new rod 😂 😁

see what happens when bored minds browse salmon fishing forums haha

chris68

Reaction score
Redington Claymore, just out this year, i have one from Guide Fly Fishing, a superbly finished rod and worth every penny, I have the 13'6" 8#