Unlocked and two fingers up to Covid-19 !

Rennie

Reaction score
We're all moaning about lockdown, how it affects us, what we're missing out on,BUT?
Cometh the day, the restrictions are lifted, the doors get opened(well as far as they probably will be opened!)what're you all going to do?
Rush out and buy soft bog roll?, buy loads of fags and smoke the lot!, rush to the pub and give the landlords back some of their lost takings!, straight to the chippy for twice sat outside on the wall!, might some of you even go fishing?.
Wife wants to go buy a new telly!, er yeah right!.Given a sniff of freedom, am off fishing, just to be there, just to wave a rod n flee about in fresh air and get my boots wet, just to eat a cheese banjo out in the open at silly o'clock in the morning.A fish would go down very well too!.
Pedro.

ibm59

Reaction score
We’re not properly locked down yet , Pete.
‘Maybe we should wait for that first.

Rrrr

Reaction score
Straight to the river, even if water conditions arent great i could sit down there all day with my flee rod for company and just take in my surroundings.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

budge

Reaction score
Fishing isn't that close to the top of my list of things to do. First off would be to visit my family and give them a big hug. Take my eight years old youngest grandson to the seaside and play on the sands with him then eat fish and chips out of paper. Have a ride out with my Mrs up the lakes on the motorbike. Enjoy a pint or two in the pub.
Simple things I know but the ones I miss the most.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

mc andy

Reaction score
In general we had just come out of our winter hibernation and hadn't seen the sun for a number of months. The start of the lock came at what seemed like our first rays of sun in months, I think that has made the whole thing seem worse than it actually has.

Personally I'm looking forward to simply getting back in a routine. Fishing, family, Hillwalking all very much on the hit list though.

Cheers andy

Hardyreels

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know......

I think the hard thing about putting life on hold is directly related to age. While the young may feel they are missing out on so much the older folk are indeed missing out. Allow me to define my thinking; if I were 25 I'd feel cheated because I couldn't be at some bar or whatever, as I close in on becoming 67 it's a different view. Putting the activities of the entire spring / summer on hold presents a different type challenge.

I never noticed much difference between being 25 and turning 26, it was a smooth transition of sorts. I do find that as I move swiftly through the 60's I notice some profound differences. Still able to walk and wade a creek or river but those knees....... It's also harder to keep my weight at the same point were it had remained for nearly my entire adult life. When one puts the fishing - the travel - basically everything on hold at this point in my life it makes me wonder. Will I remain healthy, will things be back to normal in 2021 - will I ever reach Scotland and many other thoughts cross my mind.

At least I have one thing I can count as a positive change as I've aged. I have attained balance in life. At this point I find that my left knee hurts to nearly the same extent as my right one does. No more uneven gait, they are once again a matched set :)

Chicharito

Reaction score
I don't know......

I think the hard thing about putting life on hold is directly related to age. While the young may feel they are missing out on so much the older folk are indeed missing out. Allow me to define my thinking; if I were 25 I'd feel cheated because I couldn't be at some bar or whatever, as I close in on becoming 67 it's a different view. Putting the activities of the entire spring / summer on hold presents a different type challenge.

I never noticed much difference between being 25 and turning 26, it was a smooth transition of sorts. I do find that as I move swiftly through the 60's I notice some profound differences. Still able to walk and wade a creek or river but those knees....... It's also harder to keep my weight at the same point were it had remained for nearly my entire adult life. When one puts the fishing - the travel - basically everything on hold at this point in my life it makes me wonder. Will I remain healthy, will things be back to normal in 2021 - will I ever reach Scotland and many other thoughts cross my mind.

At least I have one thing I can count as a positive change as I've aged. I have attained balance in life. At this point I find that my left knee hurts to nearly the same extent as my right one does. No more uneven gait, they are once again a matched set :)
Not quite as old as you. My right knee hurts pretty much every day. Scan showed nothing more than wear and tear. I suppose I will just have to look forward to when my left knee is the same!

Hardyreels

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not saying it's a positive thing but when the left kicks in it takes your mind off your right :)

Neil W

Reaction score
Normality sounds good. Some fishing if possible and a trip to our apartment in Menorca sounds good to me

sneakypeter

Reaction score
I think fishing locally may come first, your chance of a trip to the Ballearics is probably 12months + away. Just to have the chance to say, I am going fishing would be enough, back to work may take longer, life as we knew it only a month ago I feel may take years and maybe never return to the globetrotters amongst us!!!!!!!!!
peter

bros

Reaction score
Hold, hug and kiss my grand weans, then say a big hello to my kids.....miss the physical contact so much!

budge

Reaction score
Hold, hug and kiss my grand weans, then say a big hello to my kids.....miss the physical contact so much!
Hit the nail on the head there mate. We've virtually brought our youngest grandson up from 3 months old, so upsetting not having him round now.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk