Ultralite Spinning Rod

Jer

Reaction score
Hi, watched a chap on local river upstream spinning… really impressed with how gracefully he was casting… got chatting to him but only thinking about after I would love to get this skillset for fishing effectively… he was using an ultralite set up, with Japanese spoons ranging from 3 to 5g on a single hook.
I am new to spinning for sea trout and salmon… always used the fly… can any one help recommend a suitable rod and reel that will cast these micro spoons… on smaller rivers… also braid and leader set up… I really am new to this game and there seem so many options

Rrrr

Reaction score
Shakespeare do a nice looking lrf rod for under 40 quid that casts 0.7 to 5g. I picked one up in the shop a while back and it looked good quality and was feather light.
Not sure id fancy playing a salmon on one though.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

ddave07

Reaction score
I'd have a look at Dropshot Rods. I have a Fox Warrior Drop Shot for Kayak Fishing...casts 4-17g. Can cast a small size 1 Mepps with it a good distance, but also has just enough beef in it to land decent sized fish. I've had Pike up to 10-12lb on it.

DD

flytryer

Reaction score
Take a look at Tailwalk troutia, and Majorcraft finetail rods. I use both for micro spoons in different lengths and casting weights. Duel Hardcore 8 strand braid 0.8PE (aprox 16lb breaking strain), fine enough for casting 2g spoons and strong enough for playing any salmon you might encounter.