UEFA Champions League 2018/19

John Keane

Reaction score
Superficially this may only be of interest to supporters of the four English clubs involved but for football lovers in general, it may be of interest.

Group Stage draw later today on BT Sport. Don’t really care who Liverpool get as we fear no-one! :lol:

CORONA

Reaction score
Superficially this may only be of interest to supporters of the four English clubs involved but for football lovers in general, it may be of interest.

Group Stage draw later today on BT Sport. Don’t really care who Liverpool get as we fear no-one! :lol:

Couldn’t agree more

CORONA

John Keane

Reaction score
Paris St Germain
Napoli
Liverpool
Red Star Belgrade

I’ll take that, thank you very much!

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Not a bad draw for the pool should get out of that group no problem :thumb:

John Keane

Reaction score
Eat that, you overrated French footballing people!!!

Last edited:

pfeul

Reaction score
John this isn't good you know, we have members from France on the forum.

No prob, For my concern, I'm a happy frog! and I love wading in your british rivers and leapping on your british fields :)
The point is rather that there aren't so many french players in the PSG team. I'll have to count precisely but I suspect there are more brazilian, italian and urugayan players than french ones

And I fully agree this team is overrated

G

guest2938

I dont know why there is a Champions League thread and a Premier League thread, when in reality we can all clearly see they should be combined and called the Liverpool FC Thread.

There`s a plain old Rugby Thread

Compared to the recent FIFA World Cup thread, where everyone got involved, its like comparing Marks & Spencer with Farmfoods

DCH

John Keane

Reaction score
I dont know why there is a Champions League thread and a Premier League thread, when in reality we can all clearly see they should be combined and called the Liverpool FC Thread.

There`s a plain old Rugby Thread

Compared to the recent FIFA World Cup thread, where everyone got involved, its like comparing Marks & Spencer with Farmfoods

DCH

Nothing to stop Spurs, City and United fans (or other European fans) contributing to the Champions League thread or fans of the other 19 English teams contributing to the Premier League thread, is there?

Perhaps we should start a “Celtic and the Also Rans” thread to celebrate the diversity of Scottish football, then you can join in?

Last edited:

morphfly

Reaction score
Nothing to stop Spurs, City and United fans (or other European fans) contributing to the Champions League thread or fans of the other 19 English teams contributing to the Premier League thread, is there?

Perhaps we should start a “Celtic and the Also Rans” thread to celebrate the diversity of Scottish football, then you can join in?

No point it's fairly obvious Liverpool are going to win it in May
Morphfly

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
No prob, For my concern, I'm a happy frog! and I love wading in your british rivers and leapping on your british fields :)
The point is rather that there aren't so many french players in the PSG team. I'll have to count precisely but I suspect there are more brazilian, italian and urugayan players than french ones

And I fully agree this team is overrated

That's why I have difficulty getting exited about the Champions League circus, I can't relate to it in any way. The football can occasionally be stunning but it is far less about the team than it is about the money.

It has become the European League that the big teams always wanted and they have manipulated the entry rules to ensure they don't have to worry about too many annoying games against the low earners. I'm surprised they only take 4 teams from the big leagues. If the Premier League and La Liga were not so strong (rich) it would probably be 6 or 8 teams into the circus from the big countries and bog all from the smaller ones.

Good luck to the Reds, I mean the Blues, no, the Whites and all those 'Magical' (tm) nights of 'unbelievable' football.

happy days

Reaction score
No point it's fairly obvious Liverpool are going to win it in May
Morphfly

This often happens in September, it's called kopite armchair supporters delusional psychosis, it also manifests itself as scruffy red towels and bedsheets hung out of upstairs windows at peak times off affliction, nasty condition brought on by years of unfulfilled expectation.

John Keane

Reaction score
This often happens in September, it's called kopite armchair supporters delusional psychosis, it also manifests itself as scruffy red towels and bedsheets hung out of upstairs windows at peak times off affliction, nasty condition brought on by years of unfulfilled expectation.

Bitter?

...nah!

John Keane

Reaction score
High-flying City brought down to earth with a bump by Lyon last night and United merely doing what was expected on the plastic pitch against Young Boys. Almost forgot that Spurs had started their campaign with a defeat too.

Woodbank

Reaction score
High-flying City brought down to earth with a bump by Lyon last night and United merely doing what was expected on the plastic pitch against Young Boys. Almost forgot that Spurs had started their campaign with a defeat too.

Dons quote on your desperation to indulge your obvious armchair devotion to your team is starting to bore me to be honest now your trying to bring city united and spurs fans to your sad life not to mention your repeat mention of (bitters) which is a reference to Evertonians for the uninitiated

John Keane

Reaction score
Dons quote on your desperation to indulge your obvious armchair devotion to your team is starting to bore me to be honest now your trying to bring city united and spurs fans to your sad life not to mention your repeat mention of (bitters) which is a reference to Evertonians for the uninitiated

So why bother looking in? I’m sure my opinions matter to you as much as yours do to me - not at all.