Tyson Fury v Wilder third fight predictions

Pati

Reaction score
I agree there are other agendas in play.
Im too impation though.
Your scenario will take 18 months to 2 years to play out.
Mine would take 6 months. ;)

Ahahaha I agree, and yours probably is the one all who love the sport want to see!!!

Pati

Reaction score
Hearn offered a contract first. Wilder responded by sending his own, that at least doubled the purse... the deal then stalled and Fury signed to fight the man that signed his contract. That lead to a career defining trilogy. AJ then got sparked on his US debut..

I think, realistically, there was only ever going to be 1 trilogy between these fighters and they all knew it.. . After all the talk, only 2 put it on the line against the reputed best in the world to see where they stand. That and results since is enough to draw conclusions on this generation Imho.

Well not too sure how we got there but that Fury - Wilder trilogy was worth it!!!

Not sure an AJ-Fury would have reached that level of dramatic intensity (without prejudice to who the winner would have been).

Wilder may have been a one trick pony but he showed immense heart on Saturday, and over the years his one trick has proven capable of tranquillising a bull so not a HW you want to mess with…

No idea if AJ would have survived the knockdowns both Wilder and Fury managed to come back from, but that is beyond boxing it is heart and you can only judge that in the ring… in the end wilder was outskilled and also ran out of steam which is not surprising given the size/weight difference between the fighters, but in all but the second fight he managed to land one or two of that devastating right that would have definitely floored most other fighters… Both Usyk and AJ would definitely outskill Wilder but can they take those wilder power punch on the chin and raise back from the dead like Fury Did???

Occasional salmon fisher

Reaction score
I think early on many respected Fury's abilities as a boxer but didn't like his antics outside the ring.

Confronting his mental health issues has IMHO made him a much more rounded person and he tends to be gracious to opponents after the fight - but still taking things too far before the fight for many people.

I am not a huge fan of trash talk in boxing but accept some see it as part of the hype and build up and possibly a way of gaining phsychological advantage before a fight.

Springer

Reaction score
There wasn't a good word said about Fury on this forum at one stage, those of us who have grown up boxing recognised his talent.
There hasn't ever been a man of his size with the combination stamina, punch variety, footwork and toughness in history. IMHO opinion he is the most skillful heavyweight I have seen.

If a 16 stone usky gave Joshua nightmares a 19 stone fury would destroy him. Joshua is a hype train clueless when he gets hit, predictable repetitive punch combinations.

I don't know how people can rate him as a boxer, he's a powerhouse nothing more and compared to Wilder far less skilled, Wilder is a much better fighter then he was credited with, but is obvious his ego got in the way of his training.

I think a pre Fury Wilder would have beaten Joshua convincingly. Most of the fighters who Joshua beat were mentally beat before getting in the ring, they had little or no expectation of winning.

Any fighter with ambition t he struggled with, Whtye with a damaged shoulder was seconds from knocking him out, Takam gave him murder broke his nose and out boxed him, a small man in Ruiz should have got nowhere near jim, he's a good fighter that the Hearns ruined with money, he had smoke blown up his behind since the dubious Olympic gold his advisers cared for him so much they brought in mcracken to train him.

He needs a complete training and management team change imho

Ive watched Fury since his first pro fight as I have Joshua. Id never seen Wilder until he fought Stiverne the first time and I remember thinking how poor the HW division must be if these two dummies are battling it out for the WBC belt. Ive watched every Wilder fight since then.

So many times I cringe at Furys style and ungainly technique, the fight on Saturday night was a brawl rather than a boxing match much of the time, way too much holding, I put much of Furys success down to him being big and awkward as opposed to real boxing skill but I do credit him with some skill and movement although he often ends up unbalanced. He was way too big for Wilder and he had enough about him to avoid being hit with any real bombs from Wilder. None of the punches Tyson took from Wilder in any of the three fights were proper ones, all were at lower power than Wilder has for a number of reasons but generally distance, Wilders timing or Fury moving away as they landed.

The Wilder you seem to watch is a different one than I do, I think he has very little skill. He has nothing but an average jab and a haymaker of a right hand, he has no hooks or uppercuts and he only head hunts. He has no head movement and he backs up in a straight line all the time with his head in the air, he is a very easy target to hit if his opponent has the courage to try as Fury did. Wilder is clearly someone who has got used to knocking out bums who possess no threat to him.

AJ has some skills and they seem to be getting better every fight but we have seen his weaknesses now, poor stamina, low punch resistance and the lack of experience/knowledge to know what to do when he's hurt. On his side he has size and power and in the early days he had a bit of spite about him. I agree with you about AJ team, he really needs to change it, McCracken is no good for him now.

There is a well known saying that we've all head and that is 'styles make fights' so how Fury faired against Wilder means nothing when he is in with a fighter with a different style/approach.

Fury wont be able to bully AJ the way he did Wilder, AJ is too big for that, Fury also wont want to get hit by AJ as he could end up asleep. I wouldn't try to predict the outcome of Fury v AJ, Id be happy to just sit and enjoy it and may the best man win.

Springer

Reaction score
Hearn offered a contract first. Wilder responded by sending his own, that at least doubled the purse... the deal then stalled and Fury signed to fight the man that signed his contract. That lead to a career defining trilogy. AJ then got sparked on his US debut..

I think, realistically, there was only ever going to be 1 trilogy between these fighters and they all knew it.. . After all the talk, only 2 put it on the line against the reputed best in the world to see where they stand. That and results since is enough to draw conclusions on this generation Imho.

Thats right and nobody is privy to why the deal stalled.

If Wilder was just posturing then the chance to knock Fury out for a lot of money came onto the table he surely though an out of shape Fury would be an easy challenge compared to a then undefeated AJ?

We could go around in circles with all the possibilities, something Im sure neither of us can be arsed with :cool:

Springer

Reaction score
The only HW of the three I dont really care for is Beyonce, over-rated, deluded and unable to admit when she has been bettered or battered as the case may be.

All those antics and excuses after Fury 2 were ridiculous and personally I dont think we will see her box again, I think she is broken now.

FaughanPurple

Reaction score
Thats right and nobody is privy to why the deal stalled.

If Wilder was just posturing then the chance to knock Fury out for a lot of money came onto the table he surely though an out of shape Fury would be an easy challenge compared to a then undefeated AJ?

We could go around in circles with all the possibilities, something Im sure neither of us can be arsed with :cool:
Maybe it was purely bravado by both men.. I completely agree that Wilder thought Fury would be an easy touch given where he was at just before they signed...

And agree too, can't be arsed..

I think we might struggle to see Wilder in another top level fight again.. that's 2 very bad beatings he's had now and it'll need a strong team around him to say no ..

He's not I fighter I like in style either inside or outside of the ring.. and I personally wanted him banned for life after his "wanting body on the record" comments. His lack of class in defeat is no surprise.

Andrew B

Reaction score
In my world a generation isnt 2-3yrs, its more like 6-10yrs and you need to beat more than two blokes to be the best.

Klitschko for example recently was the best in his generation, Ali undoubtedly was in his and there have been others.

I like Tyson, Im not against him at all but he has only beaten two significant heavyweights in his career albeit one of them a couple of times, that doesnt make him the best in his generation in my books. Before Klitschko Tyson beat a load of nobodies at world level just like Wilder. Tysons resume is there to see and it doesnt take a genius to compare it to other fighters out there like AJ. Since AJ became world champion he has the best resume of the HWs, he has fought the greater range of mandatories and challengers with higher world rankings than Fury and Wilder. That doesn't mean AJ is the best but he's been the most active, he hasn't had easy fights like Scwarz, Wallin, Seferi and Pianetta as Tyson has or rolled over a few clowns like Wilder.

At present I think Tyson has the potential to be the greatest in his generation but he has to beat some of the challengers that are out there for me and I expect the rest of the boxing world. Since Klitschko you cant really pin a best in generation title onto any of the next generation simply because they haven't fought each other and a generation hasn't passed.

Its HW boxing, a single shot from AJ could turn Tysons lights out, until we have seen them fight its no good awarding the title of best in generation based on supposition. Becasue of Covid and the impact it had of fights not happening we have all but lost a couple of years from the sport, AJ, Fury and Wilder have all gotten older and we might never end up getting that definitive best in generation thing sorted. I would want to see AJ beat Wilder and Tyson before he could deserve the best in generation title plus a few others maybe. Have we got time for it all considering the main three protagonists are wealthy beyond their wildest dreams, do they have the motivation to slug it out? Will we ever even see Wilder box again?

I think to for anyone to have the best in generation title applied to them they need to stick around for another three years and have at least 4-6 more fights to establish exactly who's the daddy. Im not sure any of the top three will do that.

As for ducking and diving, I dont think Tyson ducked anyone, the reason AJ and Fury didnt get it on before now is simple and easily explained.

Tysons team or principally Bob Arum thought they could wriggle out of a rematch with Wilder or at worst buy him out relatively cheaply so they could pursue the big Saudi money fights with AJ. They simply made a mistake in thinking Wilder wouldn't want the third fight and hoped that because of Covid the time clause had elapsed with Wilder. A Judge in the US decided it hadn't and the compensation they needed to pay Wilder to avoid him was way too much so Tyson had to honour the original agreement, that is all public knowledge.

Its a good time to watch the HWs but like so many other times in boxing the money and politics might ultimately rob the fans of seeing they fights they deserve, terms like best in a generation end up being debated online instead of being proven in the ring.
This post is so bob on actually. What it is it about that Steve Bunce who forgets very quickly which was his all time best fight and then when Fury fights he just way overboard imo?
Was it a great fight? Yeah for sure but did anyone on here pick Wilder to win this fight? I guess Fury getting knocked down twice made it interesting but Fury himself said he wasn’t hurt and imo the result was never in doubt.

I’m not a big AJ fan but his fight against the most determined version of Klitchko I’d ever seen and a fight that Bunce said was the best he’d ever saw, was way more skilled, way more toe to toe and had some truly scary moments in that you probably fancied Klitschko? I’m trying to be fair here to Fury and Wilder but it was by rights Wilder third loss to Fury and I just can’t understand how someone as knowledge as Bunce could forget so quickly how great that AJ v Wlad fight was.
That aside who on Earth would call that fight over the Rumble in the Jungle lol or Frazier v Ali or imo Lennox v the other Klitschko lol.
I don’t think Fury fears any man and his attitude to this fight with no stupid rematch clause, tells you everything about the man and his confidence but after his historical win over Wlad, let’s not paper over the fact he’d tested positive for some PED, which by the way is pretty standard thing at the top but he did go missing for a few years, whilst AJ was facing all comers so it’s one of them imo?
What I do really like about Fury now though is that his trainer has him actually using that power jab again, which deserted him for years when he threw those annoying back handed things.
Had I been Joshua I’d of happily given which ever belt it was that Usyk had become mandatory for, as I always knew Usyk would be a bad opponent for Joshua and who knows maybe even Fury?

Andrew B

Reaction score
Well not too sure how we got there but that Fury - Wilder trilogy was worth it!!!

Not sure an AJ-Fury would have reached that level of dramatic intensity (without prejudice to who the winner would have been).

Wilder may have been a one trick pony but he showed immense heart on Saturday, and over the years his one trick has proven capable of tranquillising a bull so not a HW you want to mess with…

No idea if AJ would have survived the knockdowns both Wilder and Fury managed to come back from, but that is beyond boxing it is heart and you can only judge that in the ring… in the end wilder was outskilled and also ran out of steam which is not surprising given the size/weight difference between the fighters, but in all but the second fight he managed to land one or two of that devastating right that would have definitely floored most other fighters… Both Usyk and AJ would definitely outskill Wilder but can they take those wilder power punch on the chin and raise back from the dead like Fury Did???
Oh there’s no doubt that Wilder must be one of the hardest punchers in history? His KO percentage is just ridiculous and something like 95% lol. I’ve seen him touch guys with that right and KO em and for such a poor technique I always admired his belief and tenacity to constantly find that knockout punch after being down on the cards.

He’s made his money now but I do fear for someone as brave as Wilder showed after getting knocked down so many times and the prolonged beating with blood out of the ear is something I don’t particularly wish to see.

That said we’re talking about a man who constantly talked about wanting a dead body on his record and he even told Fury after the fight “I’m not gonna show any sportsmanship in front of the crowd” which is something I’ve rarely seen after a fight so maybe Fury has done Boxing a favour lol?

Andrew B

Reaction score
Maybe it was purely bravado by both men.. I completely agree that Wilder thought Fury would be an easy touch given where he was at just before they signed...

And agree too, can't be arsed..

I think we might struggle to see Wilder in another top level fight again.. that's 2 very bad beatings he's had now and it'll need a strong team around him to say no ..

He's not I fighter I like in style either inside or outside of the ring.. and I personally wanted him banned for life after his "wanting body on the record" comments. His lack of class in defeat is no surprise.
Boom I’ve just posted the same about his dead body comments. I believe he actually meant them n all as I remember him getting beat by Spilka and then delivered a really sickening knockout where you really feared for the mans life? Wilder at no point ever checked on Spilka as he lay motionless and ended being stretchered out. That takes a particular nasty piece of work to be like that as most boxers in a dangerous sport, don’t actually wish to be responsible for his opponents life.
Even Canelo who I never respected for boiling down to fight small men, ran straight over to Amir Khan before celebrating after a bad KO.
I’m just waiting to see what kind of excuses Wilder comes out with this time lol. Imo he should’ve done the ring walk, wearing only speedos😂