Tyson Fury v Wilder third fight predictions

Occasional salmon fisher

Reaction score
It was a rich time for the sport.
Multiple genuine contenders in a number of weight classes without a boring fight or mismatch among them.

Marvelous. ;)
It certainly seemed that way but wasn't sure if I was wearing rose tinted spectacles ? :)

There seemed to be less resistance to champions fighting other top ranked boxers and less emphasis on the cumulative effect on £s earned over a career by minimising exposure to risky fights.

salarchaser

Reaction score
It certainly seemed that way but wasn't sure if I was wearing rose tinted spectacles ? :)

There seemed to be less resistance to champions fighting other top ranked boxers and less emphasis on the cumulative effect on £s earned over a career by minimising exposure to risky fights.
Minter didnt quite make the top bracket, but Duran, Hearns, Mugabi, Leonard were all up there.
Overlapping at Welterweight you had Colin Jones, Milton McCrory, Don Curry, Lloyd Honeyghan.
There were numerous others at welterweight and light middle that like Honeyghan maybe werent truley world class but were always in with a chance of an upset.
Many very evenly matched.
Im sure there is a rosey tint to my optical devices but it seemed a good time to watch boxing.
Or maybe it was because it was all free to air. :unsure:

FaughanPurple

Reaction score
He’s actually said as much about when AJ lost to Usyk about being gutted. I mean yeah numbers wise it was huge and still would be actually if they fought for the WBC but I think it’s more than just numbers to Fury as he wanted to beat Joshua so bad. Something needs doing about these innumerable rematch clauses imo?
Gennady Golovkin who already past his prime beat Canelo by some margin in the first and then even the second majority had it for Golovkin, albeit I scored a draw. My point being same WBC .org and different rules for Canelo.
I think even the most ardent haters of Wilder though, despite him being a poor boxer could give him props for always finding that massive right hand over the years.
Fury’s best way of nullifying that big right hand imo, was to take it to him and get inside of telegraphed right hand so I’m just hoping he does the same and put to rest what should be over with already.
Yes agreed about the rematch clause.. while it suited after close first fight. There really was no need for this fight after the dominant victory by Fury in the 2nd... it's robbed us of a super fight this Summer/Autumn but as luck would have it we got another unexpected one with Usyk v AJ...

I also don't think we'll see Fury v Usyk or Whyte even...who really should have got his shot at Wilder years ago bit thanks to the WBC didn't... he deserves a big fight now with 1 of the champs..

I think you're right about Fury in there's a desire there to fight AJ regardless. If you saw the interview about the Sauna and Vlad, you'll guess There's been mind games going on between them for years, even if the other didn't know it or won't admit it... Fury wants to end them..

Tbh a see AJ with a similar chance as Wilder with both Usyk and Fury. It's all about landing that big shot and not getting caught or out boxed... of course AJ is far better technically and a more rounded fighter but its still all about that power to get you out of bother.

Andrew B

Reaction score

I call it the Mayweather effect. All the greats have had losses but since Floyd it seems to have had an effect on the fans who talk about guys retirement after a few losses, which is just ridiculous imo.

Andrew B

Reaction score
Tell you what Fury is looking in magnificent shape and to my eye it looks like Wilder (who often fought light) has bulked up big time. Fury was decent when he fought with a visible belly and don’t ask me how, but he never gassed then?

If Fury does lose this fight it’s not for being out of shape and taking this fight lightly imo?
Think it was Chisora who said they pulled Wilder out too early last time lol. Frampton disagreed as do I.
Noticed Canelo is fighting again, against Caleb Plant who has some skills but I’d rather see him against Artur Beterbiev lol.

rubberwellie

Reaction score
Plant has skills but not the power to keep Canelo off him. Beterbiev does have the power but Canelo won’t fight him until signs of decline are evident, if he ever does, same approach he took with triple gangster. Beterbiev isn’t well known to the general public and fights at a higher division so Canelo is under no pressure to take that fight. It will be interesting to see who he fights after Plant though as he’s running out of opponents at super middleweight.

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Round 11 and wilder on his ass again 😁 fury wins the fight 👏👏👏🎉🎉. Get in there the gypsy king 👑 you took the best the bomber had and yet again gave that **** a boxing lesson

Andrew B

Reaction score
Round 11 and wilder on his ass again 😁 fury wins the fight 👏👏👏🎉🎉. Get in there the gypsy king 👑 you took the best the bomber had and yet again gave that **** a boxing lesson
Lol nice one for the live reports. Devastated I could only view BBC updates but what a great Heavyweight fight.
Like I’ve always said about Wilder, throughout his career with little technical boxing skills, the heart that fellow shows in that right hand is admirable and the man deserves respect for going out on his sword.

What can we say about Fury other than he’s so good I often wonder if he ends up on the canvas just to make it interesting lol. Fair play to both guys and with no rematch clause here.... Fury had to deliver and didn’t he just do that👏👏👏👏👏

Andrew B

Reaction score
Have to same Lamson. What on Earth are we doing up at this time lol. I’m off to the Ribble this morning but more likely afternoon now😂

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Have to same Lamson. What on Earth are we doing up at this time lol. I’m off to the Ribble this morning but more likely afternoon now😂

There's no way I was Missing this one andrew 👍 alarm set for 4am ,. What a fight 🥊🥊 he certainly gave wilder proper going over , absolutely chuffed to bits for big Tyson 👑. Tight line's for the Ribble andrew🎣 I'm off to work now 🥴

Arnold

rotenone

Reaction score
Fury won the fight on the inside like I predicted in an earlier post. Every time he gave Wilder space it was a much improved and dangerous fighter we saw in Wilder.

Fury made the fight more entertaining then it needed to be by stepping back looking for big punches early on, if he had continued the hard rough inside work the fight wouldn't have gone past 5 rounds imho.

Wilder can't fight on the inside looks clueless in the clinch, he showed heart but that fight should have been stopped earlier the ref is there to protect fighters lives and there were severe unanswered head blows being landed by Fury that were dangerous.

Just because wilder can ko with someone shouldn't mean he is allowed to continue past a point other fighters are pulled out, that was a terrible hiding /ko he got Its likely his career is over now unfortunately, he is an exciting fighter and 2nd in the division I think Joshua would have folded quicker then wilder in that sort of fight .

Last edited:

rubberwellie

Reaction score
It appears that this was the classic heavyweight clash of this era. Sounds like it was a brutal fight. I haven’t seen it yet but ultimately the end result was as expected pre-fight. Disappointing to read about Wilders lack of sportsmanship after the final bell, doesn’t do him any credit, hopefully he will admit that the better man won when he has had a chance to reflect. Current Joshua gets stopped by either fighter, he’s too timid and they all know it. He needs to rediscover the fighter that went went life and death with Klitschko to have any chance of competing with the top heavies again.

Occasional salmon fisher

Reaction score
Didn't see the fight but sounds like Wilder was much improved and dropped Fury twice. Ultimately though Fury proved to be too good. Have to agree that at the moment Fury would be the favourite against AJ.

nitro2012

Reaction score
The boss.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1633858668668.jpg
    FB_IMG_1633858668668.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 26

FaughanPurple

Reaction score
Bye bye Wilder.

He Didn't even have the grace to acknowledge Fury after the bell. Just sat in his stool...

the Fight was over after 2 rounds, you could see it in Wilders eyes he didn't want to be in there... then the Knockdowns in 3 and 4 made it interesting but he was gone when Fury got up and survived another barrage of shots...

Bleeding from the ear again and absolutely battered from pillar to post like the second fight... I wonder what the excuses will be this time.

He has long hard road to walk down now that he should have nearly 2 years ago.

So Fury v AJ summer 2022?

Occasional salmon fisher

Reaction score
Wilder has now been beaten up pretty badly in 2 consecutive fights. Can't be good for his longer term health, particularly his brain ......

rubberwellie

Reaction score
For all his faults you have to acknowledge that he backed himself to win and was prepared to walk through hell to try to do it. Delusional certainly but I don’t see the same belief or will in Joshua. He has yet to overcome his demons from the first Ruiz fight. He’s scared to get hit.

FaughanPurple

Reaction score
Wilder has now been beaten up pretty badly in 2 consecutive fights. Can't be good for his longer term health, particularly his brain ......
Yip, the Doctor was up several times looking at him. Given he was only looking for 1 big shot and being badly beaten in all departments they could have pulled him out again.. I don't think they'd the stones tho after the second fight and let it go...

Wilder really shouldn't have been in the ring for that 3rd fight imho.

Springer

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see who Fury faces next?

Dillion Whyte is the mandatory WBC challenger and he is fighting Otto Wallin on 30th October, should he come through that unscathed will Tyson honour the mandatory in early 2022 if the WBC forces it as they seem to be saying today.

He wont have anything else to do as AJ v Usyk 2 will also be spring 2022. It will most likely be summer 2022 before a potential undisputed could take place.

I think Tyson would pick apart Whyte, I dont think it would be a great fight as I dont think it would really motivate Tyson and he might just raise his game high enough to win.

There wasn't anything different about Wilder this time around and I don't think Tysons performance in this fight was as good as the second fight, he was much better and sharper and more dominant in the second fight but his preparations weren't as good this time round so it could be expected and forgiven. After round two Wilder was already gassing and he reverted to type, crabbing towards Tyson measuring with his left hand and telegraphing the big right hand which just got slower and slower until it was easy for Tyson to see.

I still think AJ beats Usyk next time around and hopefully we will see the start of the AJ v Fury series.

I dont think Fury is the puncher some are saying in terms of single shot knockout power, Wilder was just a skinny legged 15.75 stoner who had never really been hit before Ortiz. He really doesnt cope well with being hit and until Tyson nobody had every really managed to hang a few on him apart from Ortiz. In last nights fight he proved to be durable but every good punch affected him badly, even a good jab and had Tyson landed a clean right hand after round three it would have been over much sooner. That said Im sure he carries enough power to trouble AJ.

I think AJ will put up a stronger challenge to Tyson than Wilder did, Wilder had nothing but a big right hand and taking that away he was easy to hit and easy to push around the ring, he has a very low boxing IQ and very poor footwork. AJ at least can box and wont be as easy to hit as Wilder but Im not sure he has the right mental attitude for this game now, he has looked shaky since Ruiz 1 whereas Tyson is so confident and also now very experienced in the real high pressure situations.

I really hope we see a couple for Fury v AJ fights in 2022 but sadly they will most likely be in Saudi whereas as I think they should have been held at Wembley in front of the home fans, all 90,000 of them.

There is a part of me who would like to see Tyson retire unbeaten as his story is an great one. The trouble is I struggle when he starts being a dick and I like the more reserved way AJ conducts himself and also his desire to grow and learn. Hopefully we get to see them and they do British boxing proud.