Tyson Fury v Wilder third fight predictions

Andrew B

Reaction score
So having just witnessed the Heavyweight Champ Anthony Joshua lose his belts to the slickster Usyk, which by the way did not shock me in the slightest. We still have, what feels like a rather pointless fight in a trilogy between the Gypsy King Fury and Deontay Wilder the knockout king.
I actually believe that Fury won the first fight if we a taking emotion out of it, and strictly using points I saw two 10/8 rounds to Wilder and the rest won by Fury? Be that as it may, Fury made sure of the result in their second encounter, which imo his aggressive tactics were Bourne out him rising from the canvas at the end of the first fight and actually taking it to Wilder.

So let’s just say Wilders expected excuses after his beating re the weight of his ridiculous looking costume and feeling weak in legs were true? What do we expect this time, from a Wilder that will no doubt be in shape and determined to give his all?

Fury is saying he’s gonna resume business and knock him out, which I like but at the same time I am a little nervous Wilder could connect with one of his monster punches if Fury underestimates him or starts show boating.
No doubt Fury will have a rematch clause should he lose but for the sake of the division I believe Fury is the man to beat Usyk.

If Fury has that snap on his jab and is the aggressor again I predict Fury will win by stoppage in seven.
I don’t wanna see Fury box for a twelve round points win as I’ve seen Wilder find that knockout late on from nowhere too many times.

Tees88

Reaction score
I just hope this is the last time we see them together in the ring together, it's beyond boring now. They both need to fight others to really prove their worth. Rather than just talking about it constantly, both of their records flatter to deceive.

Wilder has nothing to lose coming into this fight, it's make or break for him. That said, I can't see him winning.

Andrew B

Reaction score
I just hope this is the last time we see them together in the ring together, it's beyond boring now. They both need to fight others to really prove their worth. Rather than just talking about it constantly, both of their records flatter to deceive.

Wilder has nothing to lose coming into this fight, it's make or break for him. That said, I can't see him winning.
Lol good point. This fight is just an annoying contractual thing, that nobody’s been asking for Barr Wilder. God forbid Wilder does win and then Fury has a rematch clause lol.

Tees88

Reaction score
Lol good point. This fight is just an annoying contractual thing, that nobody’s been asking for Barr Wilder. God forbid Wilder does win and then Fury has a rematch clause lol.
Exactly, just kills off any other potential matchups & kills the division.

Springer

Reaction score
The big question is has Fury taken this fight seriously? There has been rumours that he has dismissed Wilder completely and that would be a potential banana skin. If Tyson has trained properly and is in good shape I cant really see how Wilder wins.

We all know Wilder cant box and he hasn't learned to do it since the last crushing defeat, before Fury he fought nobodies, his hardest contest was with Ortiz who could box and being a southpaw gave Wilder quite a bit of trouble considering he was about 90yrs old. Wilders mental state was shot after being demolished in the last fight, all the crazy excuses and stuff he cam out with was a man in utter confusion and delusion. Ive never seen a fighter whose face gives the game away so much, he doesnt like getting hit and when he is lost its written all over his face.

For me Wilder was a very over-rated HW champion, he was the best of an extremely poor division at the time and his record was padded out with one nobody after the next. I remember back in 2016 he had a real problem with Artur Szpilka for 8 rounds until he landed a big right hand and stiffened him, Szpilka himself was a very ordinary fighter destroyed in two rounds by Del Boy.

Who wins depends on which Tyson Fury turns up next Saturday.

Andrew B

Reaction score
The big question is has Fury taken this fight seriously? There has been rumours that he has dismissed Wilder completely and that would be a potential banana skin. If Tyson has trained properly and is in good shape I cant really see how Wilder wins.

We all know Wilder cant box and he hasn't learned to do it since the last crushing defeat, before Fury he fought nobodies, his hardest contest was with Ortiz who could box and being a southpaw gave Wilder quite a bit of trouble considering he was about 90yrs old. Wilders mental state was shot after being demolished in the last fight, all the crazy excuses and stuff he cam out with was a man in utter confusion and delusion. Ive never seen a fighter whose face gives the game away so much, he doesnt like getting hit and when he is lost its written all over his face.

For me Wilder was a very over-rated HW champion, he was the best of an extremely poor division at the time and his record was padded out with one nobody after the next. I remember back in 2016 he had a real problem with Artur Szpilka for 8 rounds until he landed a big right hand and stiffened him, Szpilka himself was a very ordinary fighter destroyed in two rounds by Del Boy.

Crazy really as just about every opponent Wilder faced like Szpilka and even a guy like Washington were always well up on the cards imo until he found that massive right hand? On the forums Ortiz had a mad following, considering he’d fought nobody and in Cuban years 40 yrs old actually equals about 50 lol.
That’s the WBC for you though imo? Whilst AJ had to face all comers it became a Joke re Wilders resume.
Couldn’t agree more about Fury and wether he’s taken this seriously? I know he’s devastated about Joshua losing for obvious reasons but as I rightly predicted last week about Usyk and how he often fights to the level of his opponents, so does Fury imo and so with it being a big fight I’d expect Fury to do well against Wilder as like you say to see Wilders face last time against the clinical barrage from Fury was that of a man who was in shock, albeit the man showed heart.

If the Pandemic didn’t hit at that time, I don’t even think Wilder would of had the rematch?
Looking forward if Fury delivers I do believe he’s the one to beat Usyk.

Tees88

Reaction score
Yep, the WBC kept Whyte away from Wilder for years! total joke. Wilders a total conman.

I did hear that Fury got dropped in training recently, but you never know how much of this talk is true during a build upto a fight.

Andrew B

Reaction score
Yep, the WBC kept Whyte away from Wilder for years! total joke. Wilders a total conman.

I did hear that Fury got dropped in training recently, but you never know how much of this talk is true during a build upto a fight.
Aye that’s right. I’ve got more respect for Whyte than most for his fight anyone, anywhere attitude and for that his losses don’t mean a thing to me as opposed to Wilder who would often just get made up mandatory guys promoted up to number two like Domnick Brezeale for instance. They did the same with the Stevenson guy when Kovalev was in his pomp. Oh and who can forget Canelo avoiding Golovkin like the plague under the WBC.

FaughanPurple

Reaction score

I think the last sentence sums it all up.. If Tyson has his mind on the Job, there's only 1 winner again..

Why wouldn't He, you say. Thing is, where does Fury go after this fight. I'm sure he'd eyed up a big money fight with AJ then sail off into the sun set.. now AJ doesn't have the belts and Usyk just isn't going to generate the same numbers. He's also a far more awkward fight than AJ ever was for Fury... I bet Fury was sick to his stomach when AJ lost.... let's hope he doesn't let that affect his motivation.

I've heard the rumours about Fury being dropped in Sparring, even saw the video... if you think that's Fury you need your eyes tested...

happy days

Reaction score
Aye that’s right. I’ve got more respect for Whyte than most for his fight anyone, anywhere attitude and for that his losses don’t mean a thing to me as opposed to Wilder who would often just get made up mandatory guys promoted up to number two like Domnick Brezeale for instance. They did the same with the Stevenson guy when Kovalev was in his pomp. Oh and who can forget Canelo avoiding Golovkin like the plague under the WBC.
It’s called good management, why take dangerous fights when you can earn the same with picked opponents and then risk your neck when retirement money is on the table. Not what the fans want but that’s business.

Springer

Reaction score
I think the last sentence sums it all up.. If Tyson has his mind on the Job, there's only 1 winner again..

Why wouldn't He, you say. Thing is, where does Fury go after this fight. I'm sure he'd eyed up a big money fight with AJ then sail off into the sun set.. now AJ doesn't have the belts and Usyk just isn't going to generate the same numbers. He's also a far more awkward fight than AJ ever was for Fury... I bet Fury was sick to his stomach when AJ lost.... let's hope he doesn't let that affect his motivation.

I've heard the rumours about Fury being dropped in Sparring, even saw the video... if you think that's Fury you need your eyes tested...

I dont think Fury will ever face Usyk.

I expect AJ will beat Usyk next time around then we will see two or three (depending on how they go) AJ v Fury mega money fights then Tyson will likely retire.

AJ got too cocky, he knows it and he isnt daft enough to try the same 'box the boxer' strategy again. I think he will come in next time around 18 stone and bulldozer Usyk. Yes its not without its risks but Usyk isnt a big puncher and if AJ is carrying a bit more weight he will bully him around. Everyone is proclaiming Usyk as some kind of magician. AJ gave him the best chance he could to shine at HW whereas he didnt look like he had that many tricks against old Del Boy. Del Boy isnt as fast as AJ yet he managed to cut the ring down and pressure Usyk far too much for Usyks liking, boxers only shine if they are allowed to, its hard to box when your being smothered and chased around the ring for 12 rounds.

greenlaner2009

Reaction score
I dont think Fury will ever face Usyk.

I expect AJ will beat Usyk next time around then we will see two or three (depending on how they go) AJ v Fury mega money fights then Tyson will likely retire.

AJ got too cocky, he knows it and he isnt daft enough to try the same 'box the boxer' strategy again. I think he will come in next time around 18 stone and bulldozer Usyk. Yes its not without its risks but Usyk isnt a big puncher and if AJ is carrying a bit more weight he will bully him around. Everyone is proclaiming Usyk as some kind of magician. AJ gave him the best chance he could to shine at HW whereas he didnt look like he had that many tricks against old Del Boy. Del Boy isnt as fast as AJ yet he managed to cut the ring down and pressure Usyk far too much for Usyks liking, boxers only shine if they are allowed to, its hard to box when your being smothered and chased around the ring for 12 rounds.
If as you say Josh comes in around 18 stone to try a bully boy tactic i hope he can get rid of Usyk within 6 rounds or Josh will be breathing out his ar*ehole and will be stopped.

paddymc

Reaction score
If as you say Josh comes in around 18 stone to try a bully boy tactic i hope he can get rid of Usyk within 6 rounds or Josh will be breathing out his ar*ehole and will be stopped.

Exactly, or maybe even before that.

Springer

Reaction score

You could be right but it will all depends on the type of pressure AJ applies.

AJ cant stand toe to toe and punch for 6 rounds but I doubt Usyk could either. AJ caught Usyk a couple of times with half power right hands and each time Usyk got on his bike to recover, he couldn't take many full power shots from AJ.

Its already been said many times but there was a nasty and at times dirty boxer inside of AJ, he needs to find him again and if he can then he has a very good chance of beating Usyk. I like Usyk but we have seen his game plan against Dell Boy, he wont get any better in 5-6 months whereas AJ has a chance to come at the rematch from a completely different angle and that does give him a chance.

Im really looking forward to the rematch and I think AJ can win it, if he doesnt then I will be happy for Usyk as he also seems a good guy. I would always back my fellow countryman until we get to AJ v Fury, then its may the best man win.

Andrew B

Reaction score
It’s called good management, why take dangerous fights when you can earn the same with picked opponents and then risk your neck when retirement money is on the table. Not what the fans want but that’s business.
Oh for sure and to be sure there were plenty of folk who pointed this out when AJ was fast tracked into becoming champ and then having no choice in having to defend all those belts.
Warren meanwhile has always been known as being a great management who plays the long game in nurturing fighters.
Folk do seem to forget that pro boxing to use Hagler as an example was about beating opposition that should beat in between the big fights that come round, when you better make sure your on your game.

I said it about Usyk and I think Fury is the same in that they seem to fight to the level of their opponents. I’ve seen folk jump on Usyk and Fury for having fights where they’ve looked ordinary against lesser opponents.

Andrew B

Reaction score

He’s actually said as much about when AJ lost to Usyk about being gutted. I mean yeah numbers wise it was huge and still would be actually if they fought for the WBC but I think it’s more than just numbers to Fury as he wanted to beat Joshua so bad. Something needs doing about these innumerable rematch clauses imo?
Gennady Golovkin who already past his prime beat Canelo by some margin in the first and then even the second majority had it for Golovkin, albeit I scored a draw. My point being same WBC .org and different rules for Canelo.
I think even the most ardent haters of Wilder though, despite him being a poor boxer could give him props for always finding that massive right hand over the years.
Fury’s best way of nullifying that big right hand imo, was to take it to him and get inside of telegraphed right hand so I’m just hoping he does the same and put to rest what should be over with already.

happy days

Reaction score
Oh for sure and to be sure there were plenty of folk who pointed this out when AJ was fast tracked into becoming champ and then having no choice in having to defend all those belts.
Warren meanwhile has always been known as being a great management who plays the long game in nurturing fighters.
Folk do seem to forget that pro boxing to use Hagler as an example was about beating opposition that should beat in between the big fights that come round, when you better make sure your on your game.

I said it about Usyk and I think Fury is the same in that they seem to fight to the level of their opponents. I’ve seen folk jump on Usyk and Fury for having fights where they’ve looked ordinary against lesser opponents.
There was more quality in Haglers day so you had to fight dangerous fighters just to get to an eliminator. A lot of mediocre pros around now IMO 😊

Andrew B

Reaction score
You could be right but it will all depends on the type of pressure AJ applies.

AJ cant stand toe to toe and punch for 6 rounds but I doubt Usyk could either. AJ caught Usyk a couple of times with half power right hands and each time Usyk got on his bike to recover, he couldn't take many full power shots from AJ.

Its already been said many times but there was a nasty and at times dirty boxer inside of AJ, he needs to find him again and if he can then he has a very good chance of beating Usyk. I like Usyk but we have seen his game plan against Dell Boy, he wont get any better in 5-6 months whereas AJ has a chance to come at the rematch from a completely different angle and that does give him a chance.

Im really looking forward to the rematch and I think AJ can win it, if he doesnt then I will be happy for Usyk as he also seems a good guy. I would always back my fellow countryman until we get to AJ v Fury, then its may the best man win.
I think you’re spot on about AJ re the rematch with Usyk?
I think it’s a gamble of course but it was that style of fighting that made him champion in such a short period of time imo. Just ask Klitchko and Dillion Whyte about that vicious uppercut that Joshua ended fights with and I don’t care how good Usyks chin, that particular punch would hurt anyone? So yeah over six rounds to land something like that AJ would need to be trading shots as was in both those instances I mentioned.
Thing is though when Usyk fought Chisora who’s a tough opponent even now, imo some folk didn’t realise that Usyk hardly ever brings out his best and many a time he’s actually stepped back from destroying guys.
That Cruiser weight division was a brutal tough division with Briedis and then the finalist Gassiev who many including myself thought it was a 50/50 fight and yet Usyk made Gassiev look poor.

Imo Joshua is the first opponent to land some blows, Mark him and cut him up, considering Usyk can be so elusive and make folk look poor, AJ needs to think along the lines of hurting him early on.
Usyk is six foot, four inches and solid muscle by the way.

Andrew B

Reaction score
There was more quality in Haglers day so you had to fight dangerous fighters just to get to an eliminator. A lot of mediocre pros around now IMO 😊
Lol for sure. Fifteen round fighters n all. There’s been a few U.K. guys in the last few years who had a belt n then met some unknown but always dangerous Mexican and never to be seen again lol.

Andrew B

Reaction score
My prediction is it goes exactly the same way as the second fight..
Oh you beauty I’ll take that to the bank.
By the way he should do that anyway. So many folk used to call Fury for not having any power, which is ridiculous given the size of the man. But he did go through a long period where imo he was throwing illegal back handed, powder puff jabs and passed it off as boxing. I went off Fury when he was doing that as I remember him destroying Chisora with rock solid jabs, which imo is what he finally went back to when he dismantled Wilder last time.

I guess if anything it showed how talented Fury is, cause when Hughie Fury came on the scene and thought he could do the same and pass it off as Ali tackle it just looked pathetic imo.

rotenone

Reaction score
I personally think it will be a messy fight and this time. Wilder will be cautious IMHO it will lead to a lot of holding the fish be won on the inside.

Just can't afford to give wilder that chance to step back that's when he generates those knockout punches, every knock out I've seen by him the opponent steps back off him.

Fury just needs to lean on him and break him up on the inside and hurt his body whilst holding for the first 4or 5 rounds. Just smother his work its okay using that kronk aggressive pressure style but it needs to be relentless like the second fight.

Its a worry fighting a knockout puncher like Wilder as you have to focus the whole fight something fury has struggled with previously in the last fight he looked super switched on all the time.

I worried he's lost the motivation since the Joshua fight is now in jeopardy?

Last edited:

salarchaser

Reaction score
It was a rich time for the sport.
Multiple genuine contenders in a number of weight classes without a boring fight or mismatch among them.

Marvelous. ;)