Tyne 2019...

Rrrr

Reaction score
Well somone has to start a new one so thought i would. Hopefully a better year with more water.
Tight lines to anyone fishing the river in 2019.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

dave1959

Reaction score
I'm looking forum to the new season already and cant wait to get cracking. Not going to start until there's plenty of fish in the river mind, as i dont think i can go through some more blanks after last season.

Rrrr

Reaction score
I dont really start early with the tyne either as the start of the season is spent chasing the first coquet fish then the tyne when the catch numbers start to creep up.

Lamson v10

Reaction score
I've never fished the Tyne but I always enjoy reading the thread, Tightlines to all who fish her next season 🎣. Merry Christmas and a happy new year when it comes

offshore

Reaction score
Keilder looks to be well and truly filling up; we have got the worst weather to come yet.

I am still grumpy about the 1.3cms release during the last few weeks of October, but already looking forward to the coming season.

greenhut

Reaction score
Aye, i wish i had access to the lower river, but good luck greenhut- I hope you have a good start.
All the best folks for Christmas, and especially the new year
Federation water should be available, highly underrated, I had a 15lb Springer 2nd week in feb last season. If fished harder I’m sure it would produce more fish than it does presently

dave1959

Reaction score
Thanks GH, but im from Middlesbrough Yorks which doesnt come under the federations joining area. I joined the fed back in 94, and enjoyed the fishing, but mainly for brownies on the Coquet.

greenhut

Reaction score
You fishing the tyne rather than tidal early on ?

I’ll see what the weather is like, if it’s a nice day I’ll be keen to get on the Tyne, have the river to myself probably. Get the cobwebs off the 15fter

Rrrr

Reaction score

I’ll see what the weather is like, if it’s a nice day I’ll be keen to get on the Tyne, have the river to myself probably. Get the cobwebs off the 15fter
Aye its always tempting as you just never know what could be at the wires or bridge pool and it only takes 1 fish to kick the season off nicely.

Meldon9

Reaction score
Thanks GH, but im from Middlesbrough Yorks which doesnt come under the federations joining area. I joined the fed back in 94, and enjoyed the fishing, but mainly for brownies on the Coquet.
Get a pal in the area and use their address!

Rrrr

Reaction score
The fed has to be the best value salmon fishing in the north of england i rekon. Its a ton of water for the money.

dave1959

Reaction score
I do have a pal who lives in Shildon, but id rather try and join legally, after all, im just over the other side of the Tees. Ive just remembered i re joined again in 2005, so been in the fed twice.

greenhut

Reaction score
I do have a pal who lives in Shildon, but id rather try and join legally, after all, im just over the other side of the Tees. Ive just remembered i re joined again in 2005, so been in the fed twice.
Surely you must be in the catchment then if you’ve been a member previously

Rrrr

Reaction score
Surely you must be in the catchment then if you’ve been a member previously
Boundaries were changed a while back mate. Northumberland, tyne and wear or county durham. I think it was so traveling anglers wouldnt buy all the tickets up and use them for 1 week per year etc. People are willing to travel a couple of hours for a days fishing so maybe time its extended abit.

doubletaper

Reaction score
A Big Red Fly!

Hope to get up in September on the N.Tyne and fish Ferryhill water at Bellingham. Decent fishing for the money especially with a drop of water, lovely area even if it is a bit of a drive for us. Hope you locals get a slightly wetter year and a decent spring run. Fished it last year with a young local chap and he put on a big red shop bought fly I didn't like the look of and THREE fish later !! :redface: Well done that chap....

Rrrr

Reaction score
Red flies seem to work well on the tyne for some reason, its the same with using a tiny 14 or 16 stoats tail or toucan on a dropper, its not really a classic way for salmon but it seemed to work for quite a few lads last year that posted on the tyne thread.

darrenuk

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
Looking for some advice on which club.
I live in Alnwick travel all over and can’t make my mind up whether to join the Fed or Tyneside anglers.
I will mainly be fishing the fly so suitable water for that is priority.

Darren

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk