Tyne 2018

Laird

Reaction score
Happy New Year all and wishing you all the best for 2018 on the river.
If you are making plans for booking trips, the planned Kielder release schedule has been announced which may assist you. You can view this on following webpage:

Tyne Release Kielder

Rrrr

Reaction score
Anyone know what the change to the keilder releases was in november ? Cant make much sense of it. Could do with spate type releases for where i fish but last year was constantly a good height for fishing but also for the fish to just charge through without holding up.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

NoviceFly

Reaction score
Tight lines all for 2018!

I have decided that 95% of my angling efforts will be focused on the Tyne system this season! It will be interesting to see what the weather does over this next month and if the milder temperatures will entice fish above the fish pass at Riding Mill.

Similarly what will happen with the Kielder releases and the detrimental effect this will have on certain beats. Very interesting reading catches on beats last year and how differential they were to 2016.

Good luck all!

Last edited:

Rrrr

Reaction score
Im just itching to get out and get a line out even if there are no fish about. Hoping to mainly stick to the flee this season if i can.

WonderStick

Reaction score
The Newbie on The Tyne

Looking forward to meet you forum fishers on The Tyne! If you cross paths with someone with a South African accent then it's lkely to be me. I'm most probably going to concentrate my first season on the Fed beats, and see what develops...

Taddy

Banned
Reaction score
?

Does any one know if all the fish that pass the Riding Mill counter get recorded, or do some fish by pass it?
Not entirly sure if they do or not,but last season forum member stivvy said he seen fish passing and not being counted twice i think so maybe.

Rrrr

Reaction score
I dont think any of the counters can be 100% correct but it does give you an idea of whats going on as the average ammount of fish counted/missed will be the same.

Loxie

Reaction score
I dont think any of the counters can be 100% correct but it does give you an idea of whats going on as the average ammount of fish counted/missed will be the same.

You're spot on here, consistency is key. So long as close to the same proportion is counted/missed over a 5 year period you can get a good idea of trend.

Cast@Fly

Reaction score
Hag bank and the wires are good shots.
I used to be a member but came out of the club...
Keep us posted with how you do.
I have around 8 days booked for March on the tyne so keeping fingers crossed

Nath

Reaction score
Hag bank and the wires are good shots.
I used to be a member but came out of the club...
Keep us posted with how you do.
I have around 8 days booked for March on the tyne so keeping fingers crossed

Where are you booked on mate

I am on styford 6th feb and Bywell 23rd.

Rrrr

Reaction score
Fed water for me like. Love the wires for a cast but never had any luck there. I like 1st light around ovingham bridge before it gets busy.

Taddy

Banned
Reaction score
wires

Fed water for me like. Love the wires for a cast but never had any luck there. I like 1st light around ovingham bridge before it gets busy.

Have yer never had fish from the little weir thing opposite/behind the watta works? used to be good for a springer or two around there.Also is they still a free bit near mickely square if not who purchased that water? remember going over a rail crossing then i think we realised that we were at the very bottom of bywell section way below the bridge below the laybe as the road goes up hill,if yer know where i mean.

Rrrr

Reaction score
Have yer never had fish from the little weir thing opposite/behind the watta works? used to be good for a springer or two around there.Also is they still a free bit near mickely square if not who purchased that water? remember going over a rail crossing then i think we realised that we were at the very bottom of bywell section way below the bridge below the laybe as the road goes up hill,if yer know where i mean.
If its the south bank below bywell its eltringham. The fed have the other side from mereyshields down over. Do you mean the old ford above hagg bank ?

tkd7

Reaction score
I think that is TAS water is it not?
Bywell Quarry, just a short little stretch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jtkccc

Reaction score
Think it is tas water above the eltringham bit, you go under the railway bridge and round the lake, not a big stretch about the length of the field.

Rrrr

Reaction score
Im not sure where eltringhams upstream limit is to be honest i just know theyve got the far bank of the upper fed water.

New Era

Banned
Reaction score
Im not sure where eltringhams upstream limit is to be honest i just know theyve got the far bank of the upper fed water.

Eltringhams upstream limit is the end 50yds of the glide above Merryshields Stream