Tying the GOAT

DrPatrickT

Reaction score
Great stuff BB, I’ve been told by a few folk that in peaty water that a yellow fly like a yellow ally’s is great - and if this is an old timer fly - then again reconfirms it. I like the idea of the black seals fur butt - and then the grey body. Makes a nice contrast. Nice vid - feck me, if I did one it would take me half an hour at least! Wondering if a red seals fur body would be good as well...anyway, keep them coming. Cheers, Patrick

belfast boy

Reaction score
Great stuff BB, I’ve been told by a few folk that in peaty water that a yellow fly like a yellow ally’s is great - and if this is an old timer fly - then again reconfirms it. I like the idea of the black seals fur butt - and then the grey body. Makes a nice contrast. Nice vid - feck me, if I did one it would take me half an hour at least! Wondering if a red seals fur body would be good as well...anyway, keep them coming. Cheers, Patrick
Hi Patrick,

As always many thnaks for the kind comments. If the lockdown is lifted in time for the start of the fishing season i am going to give this fly a run down a few pools. I suppose each to their own when tying salmon flies with regards to time, i just think there's not much need for fuss because ulitmatley the fish don't care LOL.

I think a red seal fur body would 100% work.

Kind Regards,

Scott