Two Pearlers From The Earn Today

keirstream

Reaction score
With the jungle drums beating that there is a run of fish in the Earn just now, I looked at the river height this morning. I normally never fish on a Saturday but 2ft and steady----WOW.
Arrived at 11.30 a.m. and within 5 minutes of starting the rumours were confirmed as this fellow wrenched at my banana.:thumb:

Earn27320.jpg

Chuffed to bits and full of the joys I had a chat with the beat owner and he remarked that catching 1 in March was fantastic, but 2 would be unbelievable. Well, an hour or so later the unbelievable happened and number 2 was safely landed on a monkey.:thumb::thumb:

Earn107320.jpg

Had another heavy pull just before I left so nearly a hat trick.:):)
After a full month of waiting for the river to settle, I came up trumps on my 1st visit of the season. Talk about buses?:lol:

Last edited:

MCXFisher

Reaction score
Congratulations on two beautiful fish, I'm most envious.

What a wonderful way to start the season. Let's hope you've set a trend.

Tight lines hereafter.

westie4566

Reaction score
Bloody brilliant Tam, blooming well done!! Twa cracking fish and well deserved too!

I need to pull my finger out and get fishing. Only fished pre booked fays so far. First fish off our BAC water two days ago amidst a run witnessed going through.

Time to get my erse oot there!

Reaction score
Superb Keirstream. Thanks for sharing the photos too. These photos are just amazing to see and have brought back memories of the past when fish of that quality were more common. Great stuff and hope you are having a little toast this evening to a great days work.

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Two absolute stunning springers sir :cool: very well done :thumb: not a bad wee set up either :nod:

rs2ford

Reaction score
Superb Tom, that's a cracking pair to start your season off. Hopefully a sign of good things to come. Better get out myself and blow the cob webs away.

Cheers Diarmid.

keirstream

Reaction score
Wee Celebration

When I checked the results from the Tay, Dee and Tweed tonight I decided to have a few celebratory drams. Cheers.:):):thumb::thumb:

Dram.jpg

ArchieL

Reaction score
2 crackers, second fish is perfect looking, hopefully a sign of a good season. I wonder how many fish were about or went past you when you managed to get 2 at the start of March ? Keep at them and hopefully you get one off the Teith in March now also. Is it just me ? But the dram always tastes better after a successful days salmon fishing. Well done.

Last edited:

Hardyreels

Administrator
Reaction score
Beauties, well done Tom and on Monkeys to boot! I do hope this virus business doesn't scupper my visit.

luney

Reaction score
Well done mate,
What a pair of fish. Absolute torpedoes a real day!!!!

rodbender

Reaction score
Great days fishing Tam " HE WHO DARES WINS" like the rod and reel set up too :thumb: