Tweed area grayling in october

the optimist

Reaction score
I am salmon fishing a few middle Tweed beats next week and as I have some spare days I wondered if it was worthwhile doing a bit of grayling fishing. Could anyone recommend any areas either on Tweed or tributary where I could get a day ticket or is it salmon only in October

BrianW

Reaction score
Graying fishing.

Although I haven't been up for a while I used to find the Teviot was a superb grayling river. Kelso A.A. sold daily and season tickets what was for a nominal price.
Why not try giving Ronnie Glass at the Orvis shop in Kelso a call, always very helpful. ( I think he is still there).
Not sure where you will be based but if nearer Wooler give Brian Thompson of the Ford and Etal estates a call. The Till has some excellent grayling
fishing and Brian will sort you out and put you on good stretches of their water.

the optimist

Reaction score
Although I haven't been up for a while I used to find the Teviot was a superb grayling river. Kelso A.A. sold daily and season tickets what was for a nominal price.
Why not try giving Ronnie Glass at the Orvis shop in Kelso a call, always very helpful. ( I think he is still there).
Not sure where you will be based but if nearer Wooler give Brian Thompson of the Ford and Etal estates a call. The Till has some excellent grayling
fishing and Brian will sort you out and put you on good stretches of their water.

Much appreciate your advice thank you - I did go into Orvis but Ronnie wasn’t there - not sure if he’s retired now