Tungsten mini flying C's

Woodsy

Reaction score
Just got this set of tungsten mini flying C's, still heavy but smaller in size as a gift for my fathers on father's day.

Never seen these before apart from on Facebook but blown away by the quality!

Anyone tried these before? I'm sure I will end up with some for myself before the month is out 🤣
IMG_20210609_112427207.jpg

Royser89

Reaction score
Just got this set of tungsten mini flying C's, still heavy but smaller in size as a gift for my fathers on father's day.

Never seen these before apart from on Facebook but blown away by the quality!

Anyone tried these before? I'm sure I will end up with some for myself before the month is out View attachment 62020
We fish with similar to this in cork the orange and black fire tails are excellent with the copper blade the ones we had the blades were dipped in a black dye and have had great success on those baits.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Rosslinden0

Reaction score
I seen a post on facebook otherday with scott connelly and someone else fishing those stubby flying c's, been trying to find it again as it showed all the types they made but having no luck.

AlanT

Reaction score
I got mine from Russel as well. Excellent quality and the black / internal yellow ones are deadly. Mines are all done with single hooks.
His customer service is brilliant, always keeping you up to date, checking that you got them etc, nice young lad

Saint Andrews

Reaction score
Tails look too short to me. I prefer a slimline lure with longer finer tails than short dumpy baits. Black Slug, Rolla Bullets with slimmer profile much more effective IMO. With a slimmer profile you can afford to reduce weight to obtain depth but with a fluttering movement. An 11g bullet fishes the same depth as a 20g flying C, however works better in the current.

Woodsy

Reaction score
I seen a post on facebook otherday with scott connelly and someone else fishing those stubby flying c's, been trying to find it again as it showed all the types they made but having no luck.
I originally contacted Scott but he wasn't able to take any orders at the time
Tails look too short to me. I prefer a slimline lure with longer finer tails than short dumpy baits. Black Slug, Rolla Bullets with slimmer profile much more effective IMO. With a slimmer profile you can afford to reduce weight to obtain depth but with a fluttering movement. An 11g bullet fishes the same depth as a 20g flying C, however works better in the current.
I have used loads of rollas myself in the past, lovely lures but I find the rubber far too thin and any bump on a rock will cut it. The thinner longer tails of the rolla do give good movement though 👍

Sawyer

Reaction score
Has anyone got a link for Russell Brownlie, searched Facepuke & cant find him?

Woodsy

Reaction score
Has anyone got a link for Russell Brownlie, searched Facepuke & cant find him?

Sawyer

Reaction score
Thanks Woodsy, I will get in touch with him, they look perfect for Sea Trout in some of the very deep pools higher up our river.