Trout taking worms

Salmon21

Reaction score
Hi all am fishing for salmon with worms but having trouble with loads of brown trout taking my worms any one have a solution to prevent them or is that just the joys of fishing the worm.I am fishing a very small river

chakat

Reaction score
That’s the thing about worms most fish in the rivers enjoy them.It’s one of the hazards you have to put up with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rrrr

Reaction score
Not much you can do really. You could try bigger bunches of worms but the small trout just nip thr tails off anyway.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Salmon21

Reaction score
Not much you can do really. You could try bigger bunches of worms but the small trout just nip thr tails off anyway.

Don’t mind when catching the odd one but every cast and taking the worms and they are hard to get anyway 😂but then all effort worth it when the salmon takes

Rrrr

Reaction score
Are you allowed to fish the prawn/shrimp on the section of water ? That may the way forward.

Salmon21

Reaction score
Are you allowed to fish the prawn/shrimp on the section of water ? That may the way forward.

Yes but it’s a very small tributary mainly white trout but odd salmon and have seen a few but they are at the top part of the river so don’t know if praw will be still affective. I will give this a shot