Trondheim area 2021

luney

Reaction score
Met a girl from Trondheim in Alcudia Majorca 34 years ago. Unfortunately I wasn't interested in salmon fishing them days. I wish I'd met her now😂😂 Good luck for the coming season you guys that are lucky enough to fish that part of the world👍
Luney

Jock

Reaction score
Reckoned there were too many uncertainties for us to come this year. We have the opening week on Orkla so we have rolled our week over again to 2022 So Jack, looks like 2022 before we meet up again. Tight Lines to all those who do get to fish.

Andrew B

Reaction score
Met a girl from Trondheim in Alcudia Majorca 34 years ago. Unfortunately I wasn't interested in salmon fishing them days. I wish I'd met her now😂😂 Good luck for the coming season you guys that are lucky enough to fish that part of the world👍
Luney
Alcudia what a classy place. Spent some time round Porto Polensa as well.

Auldghillie

Reaction score
Luney
And ? I’m waiting.

Andrew B

Reaction score
Feel for anyone who’s booked in for Norway at the moment? One member on here is booked in for the Alta😩 so here’s hoping they open things up.

LouisCha

Reaction score
No updates that I have seen. The opinion of lodge owners/agents I know seems to be that the border will remain closed in June but foreigners might be able to enter in July and August. The Norwegian government seems to be leaning towards vaccine passports

Andrew B

Reaction score
No updates that I have seen. The opinion of lodge owners/agents I know seems to be that the border will remain closed in June but foreigners might be able to enter in July and August. The Norwegian government seems to be leaning towards vaccine passports
I suppose it’s no different than travelling to Africa re various shots ect?

SJF

Reaction score
Lets be honest, 95% of us going Salmon fishing abroad will have had both inoculations in plenty of time! We are not exactly a youthful demographic :rolleyes:.
I'm due 2nd week in July on the Gaula, and still keeping my fingers crossed ( second dose in 3 weeks).

Jonsey

Reaction score
Lets be honest, 95% of us going Salmon fishing abroad will have had both inoculations in plenty of time! We are not exactly a youthful demographic :rolleyes:.
I'm due 2nd week in July on the Gaula, and still keeping my fingers crossed ( second dose in 3 weeks).
Winsnes?

Jonsey

Reaction score
Yep... Week 28, from 11th July. Had a great week two years ago a couple of weeks earlier..
That’s prime time and a very reliable week, much earlier and it’s a bit of a gamble up there. I’m sure you’ll have a great time, superb bit of water 👍

Gauldalen

Reaction score
In the south of Trøndelag, very hot today with 27˚Celsius. The disappearing snow in the mountains should keep the water to acceptable levels for some time. At the time of writing this, the catches show some decent figures for the first three days:
Gaula: 115 fish, all from the lower beats of the river, below Gaulfossen waterfall, best @ 41Ibs
Orkla: 82 fish, best @ 37Ibs
Stjørdal: 30 fish, best @ 42Ibs
How long will that last? :unsure:

Last edited:

Gauldalen

Reaction score
A short follow up on my opening thread. As per today, the catches results look like that:
Gaula: 628 catches, which come from the whole river up to Singsås.
Orkla: 436 catches, from the whole river
Stjørdal: 158 catches.
The weather is mixed, good air temperatures and rain showers keep the rivers on good fishing conditions.
What’s next, I don’t know, but that what makes it interesting! ;)

Zeolite

Reaction score
I was out on the Bjerkheimselva last weekend and caught a liten ørret (as per usual). River was low 13 cubes and quite warm. I chose the worst weekend for my little trip. Presently watching the river rising and cooling. More rain forecast in Rogaland so looking better for next weekend. The other rivers here are still moribund from lack of water but we will see if the rain we are getting this week persuades a few runners. Definately need water to clear the weed and algae.

Zeolite

Reaction score
had a 24 hour period on the Bjerkheim last weekend. 30 cubes is good but the fishing is still a little slow. my friend managed a 2kg fresh fish on saturday.