Travel spinning rod ?

Ian Carter

Reaction score
Tiernan Bros. Foxford, Co. Mayo, Ireland have designed their own rod River Moy Salmon all rounder.
These guys have been in the game for generations and really know their stuff, the 4 piece version is priced at £165.
3.3 metre rod with casting weight of 10 - 60 grams.
When I fish the Moy I generally use the lightest rod I can find as the lure of choice seems to be very small flying C's. A heavy flood would suit a 60gram rod like this.

cuda

Reaction score
Resurrecting a thread but I am surprised no one has mentioned shimano STC as a travel rod.

I am not very knowledgeable about Salmon fishing, but lure fishing for bass and in freshwater is my strongest form of angling and I have far too many spinning rods!

My STC has been all over the world and has landed snook, american saltwater trout, small sharks, bonefish and permit plus jumped (but not landed) tarpon - definitely recommended.

Fruinfisher

Reaction score
I treated myself to a savage gear parabellum, 9’, 7-24g . Cracking piece of kit , and will certainly handle a salmon even though it’s nice and light . I thought the salmo seeker was a bit of a poker

Red Spinner

Reaction score
Shimano STCMTS27M
£85-£105 depending where you buy.

Packs down to under 18"
Length 2.7m
Casting 10-40gms
(20lb x 2 landed by a friend)

Hard to find much sought after rod that comes with a hard tube and reel case combined that easily fits into a suitcase or attaches to a rucksack.