Travel spinning rod ?

old kipper

Reaction score
Looking for a travel spinning rod with a casting weight 7-30 gram.

Thanks
Old kipper

Last edited:

lucky_guliver

Reaction score
DB3 Travel Rod | Dave Barham Fishing
Expensive if you buy direct from Dave Barham but available on eBay from anglerscorner at half price
Dave Barham DB3 Travel 7' 7-35g Fishing Rod | eBay

I've got this rod and I think for the half price it's a barging. Having said that two things of caution. Casting weight is not described accurately IMHO. If you attach 35g lure you will have to be very careful casting. I think safe limit would be more around 25g. Second thing. For this type (casting weight and weight of the rod which is around 100g) I would prefer reel sit to be installed closer to bottom of the rod. It gives you more comfort while playing/twitching with your lures. Other then that great rod especially if you pay less than original price.

@Old kipper what do you need this rod for?

Last edited:

old kipper

Reaction score
I've got this rod and I think for the half price it's a barging. Having said that two things of caution. Casting weight is not described accurately IMHO. If you attach 35g lure you will have to be very careful casting. I think safe limit would be more around 25g. Second thing. For this type (casting weight and weight of the rod which is around 100g) I would prefer reel sit to be installed closer to bottom of the rod. It gives you more comfort while playing/twitching with your lures. Other then that great rod especially if you pay less than original price.

@Old kipper what do you need this rod for?

It’s for use with rapalas

lucky_guliver

Reaction score
I my mind this is a great rod for big trout. Even in difficult river conditions like trees in the water and so on but I would not dare to target bigger spices especially in tough conditions. It's too light in my opinion.

Last edited:

noeyedeer

Reaction score
I my mind this is a great rod for big trout. Even in difficult river conditions like trees in the water and so on but I would not dare to target bigger spices especially in tough conditions. It's too light in my opinion.

For a heavier travel spinning rod , the discontinued & rare but sought after Daiwa 10ft 10-60g WS1004HS 4pc fits the bill admirably.

Can’t understand why they don’t make spinning rods in more sections?

Last edited:

sgellert

Reaction score
The Greys GR70 are all 4 piece and come in various lengths, I have the 10ft 15-35G, its a very nice rod.
Oh, forgot about the Fenwick Ironfeather, they're rather popular here in Denmark, I have a 9ft, 6-24G I think, might be a little soft for larger salmon, but a heavier 10 and 11ft are available.
Both are priced at like 150 UKP.

Last edited:

Meldon9

Reaction score
The Greys GR70 are all 4 piece and come in various lengths, I have the 10ft 15-35G, its a very nice rod.
Oh, forgot about the Fenwick Ironfeather, they're rather popular here in Denmark, I have a 9ft, 6-24G I think, might be a little soft for larger salmon, but a heavier 10 and 11ft are available.
Both are priced at like 150 UKP.
For some reason we cant get Fenwick rods in the UK. Last one I bought was in Canada but I snapped it. Any recommended suppliers in Denmark?

sgellert

Reaction score

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
I've designed 3 travel spinning rods.
A 10ft 15-40g 4 piece
A 10'6 15-40g 4 piece
And a 9ft 5g-20g 4 piece
I'm away to build my sample blanks soon and waiting on a run of them being made at the moment.

Scierra

Reaction score
Shakespeare Agility 2 Spinning Rod
Check out Norris's of Penrith ,25% off genuine sale , as I scanned other outlets

gcp1987

Reaction score
I use a 4 piece HTO Nebula for bass fishing which is an exceptional rod and such a pleasure to fish with.
I haven't had the chance to see if it has the guts for a huge salmon. Caught some pretty feisty sea trout though...
Recently snapped the top (my fault) and aftercare from Tronix was impressive.

Review and pics here

Rrrr

Reaction score
I am thinking of going for the salmo seeker 9ft has anyone on here used it and what do you think of it.
A
Heard nothing but good things about the salmo seeker range. I like a 9ft spinning rod as i dont use heavy lures but you may be under gunned depending on where you are taking it.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

McPisces

Reaction score
Heard nothing but good things about the salmo seeker range. I like a 9ft spinning rod as i dont use heavy lures but you may be under gunned depending on where you are taking it.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
I`ve been looking around for a new 9ft rod for some time and the "seeker" has been the current rod of choice over the past few seasons with my fellow ADAA members, so I looked at John Norris and noticed the rod was reduced to £62.99 instead of £84.99 so I bought one Wednesday night and am due to get it later today.

Weather permitting I`m hoping to get out on Saturday to put it through it`s paces, so will let you all know how I get on.

Isisalar

Reaction score
Have a look at the Sakura range. Got a 15-60gr Badia last year and it's fantastic. There was a lighter version which would be ideal for the OP.
They're stocked at GUC if anyone wants to have a look. Frames in London stock them too.
They are a quality product.
Incidentally, I had a look at an Abu spinning rod about 5yrs ago and I wasn't particularly impressed. I'm sure they're efficient enough though.