Tradesman’s Corner

Don CurlyHorny

Sang-Froid
Banned
Reaction score
Should be finished this new extension Sat am on clients holiday home - dining kitchen boot room hall and bathroom, also completed a bedroom and lounge. 5 weeks work to date. Back next week to start on 2 other bathrooms then work on the upstairs then finally completing the stairwell / hall and that’ll be it apart from some outside metalwork. Been a good one, Little Green slaked lime to all walls and matching intelligent satinwood, apart from bedroom Portland Stone. Ceilings Dulux Supermatt BW.
486CEBD6-B1CB-4F6B-9B75-83467EF62950.jpeg
5DD0FB23-544C-4F27-98B6-0CE0F402881F.jpeg
BB6DC25D-6D53-4A02-91DE-637208052E26.jpeg
88D48AD5-5C7E-4F94-9516-930839013B37.jpeg
C16D247A-116C-467A-8029-76482510411D.jpeg
A6418F3C-B841-4F9B-A73B-3ABFBC78D836.jpeg
D966C855-0A37-4D15-8404-ADB43298412C.jpeg
99CC5681-1DAD-4D5D-9439-7191388BCB7E.jpeg

The Flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Should be finished this new extension Sat am on clients holiday home - dining kitchen boot room hall and bathroom, also completed a bedroom and lounge. 5 weeks work to date. Back next week to start on 2 other bathrooms then work on the upstairs then finally completing the stairwell / hall and that’ll be it apart from some outside metalwork. Been a good one, Little Green slaked lime to all walls and matching intelligent satinwood, apart from bedroom Portland Stone. Ceilings Dulux Supermatt BW.
View attachment 65396View attachment 65397View attachment 65398View attachment 65399View attachment 65400View attachment 65401View attachment 65402View attachment 65403
Looking good DCH Is intelligent satinwood better than normal satinwood? as that stuff you can just scrape off with your finger nail.

RICKY21

Reaction score
View attachment 65396View attachment 65397View attachment 65398View attachment 65399View attachment 65400View attachment 65401View attachment 65402View attachment 65403
Quality workmanship DCH. The whole place is left neat and tidy, sign of a good tradesman.
P.S. Turn the TV off !!!!

Don CurlyHorny

Sang-Froid
Banned
Reaction score
Quality workmanship DCH. The whole place is left neat and tidy, sign of a good tradesman.
P.S. Turn the TV off !!!!
The tv blares out radio 2 @ VOL 26 because my wee shitey battery radio doesn’t get a signal 😂😂

DCH

AlanT

Reaction score
Very tidy 👍

Niccancatch

Reaction score
Aviation fuel to decorating, man of many talents. Looks the dogs Kev 👍😉

Andrew B

Reaction score
Beautiful workmanship and if I may say so, so way and above the usual standard.
This thread is a keeper and goes some way to getting to know everyone as there does seem to be a high percentage of self employed skilled folk on here?

Rrrr

Reaction score
Well this morning didnt go exactly to plan. Took the sump plug out of a citroen and some dickhead had over tightend it so the threads came out with the plug. Cue a mad rush to machine mart for a repair kit that is made from the finest chinesium. After about an hour i finaly got it tapped and the new plug in. Threads and plug look way out of square but its tight and no idea how but its not leaking
Going to have to write a note on the sump for whoever services it next to vaccume the oil out and not touch the plug

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

jimmythefish

Reaction score
Brilliant work Kev mate 👍

The Flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Just waiting on three solid oak lintels to complete this side of the building... meanwhile slabs are down in the courtyard .
That’s a cool house and great work Colin. Although I wouldn’t of put down grey concrete slabs if I were them. I just don’t think it goes well with all your lovely stone work Col. Even buff would look better

lefthandup

Reaction score
They are buff Gord....slabs not my work but that's what the customer wanted apparently.
Agree though...nicer slabs would've been better.
That’s a cool house and great work Colin. Although I wouldn’t of put down grey concrete slabs if I were them. I just don’t think it goes well with all your lovely stone work Col. Even buff would look better

Safranfoer

Reaction score
Gorgeous… did you fit the kitchen and, if so, can I ask where it’s from? I’m currently kitchen shopping.

Don CurlyHorny

Sang-Froid
Banned
Reaction score
Gorgeous… did you fit the kitchen and, if so, can I ask where it’s from? I’m currently kitchen shopping.
No I didn’t fit the kitchen, but I do know it was supplied and fitted by this company, who subcontracted the marble worktop fitting. Don’t know the manufacturer. Quality kitchen, liked the Quooker tap.

DCH

Last edited:

Don CurlyHorny

Sang-Froid
Banned
Reaction score
A new Monday, a new job. Gorgeous converted steading, all walls and ceilings throughout the main 2 house end hallways and all of the open plan upper mezzanine, facings skirtings, banister and stringers. Tikkurila paint for the walls and ceiling, and the ultra reliable Johnstone’s Aquaguard U/C and satinwood for the woodwork. Pictures to follow. Thankfully the client isn’t going about today because I had beef olives last night and my farts wafting out my dungers smell like stink bombs 💣 😱

enjoying my egg sandwiches sitting in the van, it’s bucketing down with rain which is a bonus for the fishing 👍

DCH

jimmythefish

Reaction score
A new Monday, a new job. Gorgeous converted steading, all walls and ceilings throughout the main 2 house end hallways and all of the open plan upper mezzanine, facings skirtings, banister and stringers. Tikkurila paint for the walls and ceiling, and the ultra reliable Johnstone’s Aquaguard U/C and satinwood for the woodwork. Pictures to follow. Thankfully the client isn’t going about today because I had beef olives last night and my farts wafting out my dungers smell like stink bombs 💣 😱

enjoying my egg sandwiches sitting in the van, it’s bucketing down with rain which is a bonus for the fishing 👍

DCH
Time to get the gear out for the morra Kev,we’ve actually water today,pure chocolate,but me + tams arranged to meet up the morra on the bridge at 7:30, sunrise is about 7:10 so we should be first on the water,I don’t think the fish will have got up our length in a couple of days,but with heavy rain predicted for Thursday,I think Saturday morning early will be the day of day’s. This is our very first start this season,with only 4 weeks left,it’ll be fishing hard 6 days a week now,to try and get scores on the board,it’s a far cry from last year from when I took the biggest fish of the season out the river,nae chance of that this year,if I can take 1 fish,I’ll be a happy content fella,it’ll not be for the want of trying,just let’s see how we get on the morra morning,sure I might even have a picture to post( I doubt it) but we’ll give her a throw anyway. Tight Lines to any of the boys who are having there first day out the morra too on there river’s,I hope the salmon gods are with ye,tight Lines boys.Now let’s get em alarms set 👍