To iPad users, a heads up!

pond.olive

Reaction score
I usually follow instruction to download programme updates. They usually deal with security issues and this mornings Update from Apple said that the recommended update would do exactly this. Whoa! When the update seemed to be taking quite a long time to download I smelt a rat. When I was able to fire up again, I was informed I was now running IOS8, which I am able to tell you, is a new and different operating system with all the twisty learning curves one might expect. Almost everything is different. It may be better, but it's going to take a while to tell. One obvious difference is that the Google search box is gone and I have so far been unable to get it back.
I am too old to enjoy rapid change!

TL
Richard

Rennie

Reaction score
IOS8 ?,my iPhone 5 as are those of my tribe are all on IOS7 the latest update as of a couple of weeks ago,however this morning I had an update of IOS7.2 to resolve security issues and certain keyboard issues.She who must be obeyed has an iPad and as far as I am aware that is also running IOS7 that has only very recently been installed-same time as our phones.I am informed that the the more speedy you are in downloading up dates the greater the time taken,due purely to demand in the first instance,wait a day or so and its a matter of minutes.Yours currently munching an Apple,Pedro.
p.s. no I'm not,its a Jalfrezie Pilau and loads of Stella,so there you go.:D

tone-s

Reaction score
It'll be IOS7. Yes, it's very different, cosmetically, but nearly everything works the same you'll find.

Speydulika

Banned
Reaction score
If you want a little tip then disable 'background app refresh' also disable the auto brightness facility. While you are at it disable all non essential stuff as the new IOS is greedy when it comes to battery power

pond.olive

Reaction score
On the plus side, the new calendar is better. I've found the new Google access, and disabled the suggested items. I expect it will be ok eventually, but I got dropped out if the browser several times yesterday. I like the new photo filing system and the new editing of pics is ok but on saving an edit got thrown back to the top of the filing system rather than to the edited pic.

I'd best keep taking the pills,

Richard

pond.olive

Reaction score
I have just noticed that the iPad calendar only holds entries for one month. If you want to keep dates eg fish taken, or other events that you may need to refer to later, I think you need to enter them in the Notes facility.
Keep taking the tablets!

Richard