Tippet to tippet ring?

Nigel Passmore

Reaction score
What knot do you recommend for tying tippet to tippet ring ? cheers F1.
It depends whether your using nylon or flurocarbon. If nylon then blood knot (I personally tuck it). If flurocarbon then I use a grinner and under no circumstances use a blood knot with fluro. I suspect many of the reported fluro tales of woe on here are caused by the use of blood knots with it.

Regards

NHP

Rrrr

Reaction score
Blood knot. Its simple and it works.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Loxie

Reaction score
I use an untucked blood knot for both fluoro and nylon. Tie them carefully and test them carefully. I've never had one fail but I do when I used to tuck them, which is why I don't now!

Rrrr

Reaction score
I use an untucked blood knot for both fluoro and nylon. Tie them carefully and test them carefully. I've never had one fail but I do when I used to tuck them, which is why I don't now!
Im the same, i found a tucked half blood didnt pull up as neatly or consistently. Only change i make when using fluro is to add an extra turn or 2 but im not sure it really makes any odds.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Rennie

Reaction score
It depends whether your using nylon or flurocarbon. If nylon then blood knot (I personally tuck it). If flurocarbon then I use a grinner and under no circumstances use a blood knot with fluro. I suspect many of the reported fluro tales of woe on here are caused by the use of blood knots with it.

Regards

NHP
Funny that, I use almost extensively Seaguar or other fluro's these days, my std. knot for everything is a twice through whatever, 5 turns 1/2 blood knot, back through the double bit, loads of saliva and nice steady draw down.I make a habit of leaving a tag end of maybe 1/4" to 1/2" -unless I'm sealing the knot with Zap a Gap, and I've never had a minutes bother like that!. Possibly it's down to the way I subconsciously tie the knot, dunno?, but no probs to report at all with either the viability or longevity of the knot!.
Pedro.

ellipse

Reaction score
I prefer the clinch knot for general fishing but use the half Davey when chalk stream fishing

GeeBee

Reaction score
Uni knot. Make sure not to have too many turns with higher poundage nylon/fluoro, wet it and make sure it beds properly. If you are not happy, tye it again.