Time to restart the fly swaps?

GaryD

Reaction score
Some seasons are over already and some only have a few days left, so time to start the fly swaps again? Having taken advantage of others' efforts the last few times I'd be happy to do the leg work. Who's interested, and any suggestions for a theme?
Gary :)

Dryfly

Reaction score
I'm game. Again, its the time frame that's the thing. That and how many need tying - I'm a bit of a slow coach!

Jockiescott

Reaction score
The fly swaps have got me through the winter for a few years.

It will get me back to the vice again. :)

I hope we can get the interest.

Good man GaryD for trying to get things rolling again. :)

mc andy

Reaction score
Put my name down gary. Well done for taking the bull by the horns!

As for theme what about your most productive fly of the year? Would give a good mix of flys maybe.:)

GaryD

Reaction score
Well thats 5 responses in 24 hours, so looking good so far!

Nwsalar, overseas entries always welcome, would love to see the flies that do the business on your rivers and I do have a soft spot for North American patterns :D

Re timescales, suppose it depends on how many entries we get. Think we should have a max of 10, so give it a few more days and see how it goes but if we plan on doing one swap a month it means we all have 4 weeks to tie 10 flies which sounds ok.

Theme of most productive fly sounds like it has potential, so lets run with that.

Gary

Loxie

Reaction score
I'd like to express an interest, but; a, I'm not as good as most of you guys and b, my best 2015 fly wasn't tied by me!

GaryD

Reaction score
Thats 9, one more and we have a full house :)

Off out today so with any luck my most successful fly might have changed by end of play, cos otherwise I'm tying a flying c :p (I'll put some feathers on it :D)

Wolds salmon

Reaction score
I'd be really keen to have a go. I haven't had the nerve to put any of mine on the forum yet- but they have caught all of my salmon for the last few years so hopefully they work well enough.
10 sounds plenty if I am going to have to tie each one 4 times to get then up to the quality of many I gave seen on here. ..

GaryD

Reaction score
Thats us got the required 10, in jig time too, so obviously none of us have anything better to do when the season's shut :p

Will sort out all details and start a new thread "fly swap november 2015" tomorrow, but briefly need 10 of your season's best fly done by deadline of 21st November (4 weeks).

Gary