Time for a change!

Reaction score
Following the haze around the future of salmon angling with the wild fisheries review I have decided to try something new. I have renewed my association fishings but will not be fishing private beats in Scotland this year. Hence the boat purchase. Have had a few practice paddles before today and then some fish at the first attempt. Would fully recommend giving it a go if you've ever thought about it. Not bad for the fitness either. Had a wonderful sighting of a sea eagle today as well. The west coast of Scotland really is superb. Just a shame it's a cat 3 :rolleyes::rolleyes:. image.jpgimage.jpg
(All safety equipment in order. Spare paddle, dry suit, pfd, vhf radio, tow line, knife etc just in case)

Piker20

Reaction score
The kayaks one of those things I keep saying I'll save up for. Maybe one of these days.

Reaction score
The kayaks one of those things I keep saying I'll save up for. Maybe one of these days.
I've been saying I was going to get one for 5 years and finally decided to do it. Life's too short to hang about. Treat yourself man, you're worth it ha. Good luck with the salmon piker I think I read you are fishing soon.

Piker20

Reaction score
Yep, start tomorrow in the white stuff that's tumbling down now. Hopefully they'll be a tug or two over the week to justify the madness.

Hemmy

Reaction score
Had great fun catching Tarpon on the fly from a kayak in Florida keys a few years ago.....in amongst the mangroves :)

billy fish

Reaction score
Great for the bass fishing down here on the East Devon coast.Answering the call of nature can be tricky especially for the post 60 year old.
Nice looking cod.
Colin

ibm59

Reaction score
(All safety equipment in order. Spare paddle, dry suit, pfd, vhf radio, tow line, knife etc just in case)
Don't forget the mk1 Eyeball , and be aware of what's going on around you.
Kayaks are remarkably difficult to see from other vessels.;)

Reaction score
Don't forget the mk1 Eyeball , and be aware of what's going on around you.
Kayaks are remarkably difficult to see from other vessels.;)
I'd agree with that thinking of getting an extended safety flag type thing. Although the kayak is bright yellow don't quite understand why anyone would buy a dull or camo kayak.

Last edited:

arrowloopboy

Reaction score
Been yak fishing over 10 years in s/e Ireland ,great for bassing in plaices others cant reach;),that's a prowler 13 by the looks of it,like mine,great yak ,the Navionics app for a smart phone is a great app for getting depts and distances ,and a torquedo if you win the lotto :D
Enjoy and stay safe !

Reaction score
I have a fish finder arrowloopboy for depths which is quite interesting. It's a prowler 15 arrowloopboy and very impressed with speed and stability. These Scottish sea lochs are surprisingly deep. On loch etive within a stone throw of shore you can be well over 200ft. Picture from 'shallow' loch long recently :). Will hopefully be out with it again this week.

image.jpg