Tillmouth or West Learmouth?

rhutchinson19

Reaction score
Off for a week next week (wb. 11/4) and looking to book a day on one of the above beats. Alternatively, I've also been looking at heading further North to the Tay/ Spey. Not been in Scotland long and haven't fished much of the Tweed so any advice would be much appreciated.
Cheers,
Ryan

Jamross65

Reaction score
I stay within 5mins of the Tweed and just now for my money I'd head up to Dalmarnock on the Tay. There are quite a few springers in the Tweed but seem to only be getting caught in certain localities. Dalmarnock are picking away at fish just now and if the water keeps dropping back there is some superb fly water there. £60 per day. I was up last Thursday. The gillie there, Colin is very knowledgable and good company, plus the fishing hut can only be bettered (maybe) by Dess!

Dryfly

Reaction score
Wets Learmouth can be a bit noisy from the adjacent road..... it put me off going back a bit, and I was only there on a cheap Feb day.

Handel

Reaction score
Neither is definitely the answer to your question. Much too early for Tillmouth and too early for West Learmouth which can be a depressing place if the wind is blowing from the wrong quarter and there are no fish. Look at the Tay.