Tie of the Month October: 'Ghoulies and Ghosties and Long Leggedy Beasties'

DrPatrickT

Reaction score
Tanuki Executioner - (Sedgy/Jockiescott - you'd **** yourself if a Finn raccoon came to your door on Halloween and said they were an executioner) - ok milking it a bit

IMG_2511 Green hook executioner.jpg

Hook: Ghoulish green hook (yeah I know, milking it a bit further)
Tag: Silver wire
Butt: glo brite 4
Tail: Double Tippet one shorter one longer
Body: silver tinsel and wire rib
Wing 1: stiffer Tanuki fibres
Wing 2: brushed out softer Tanuki fur - couple of midge flash
Throat: Webby Black cock - could be frightening if it was a condition
JC: Orange dyed JC
Head: red metallic tinsel - almost like a drop of blood (yeah, I'll stop now)
Veniards clear Cellire

All the best, Patrick

Jockiescott

Reaction score
Tanuki Executioner - (Sedgy/Jockiescott - you'd **** yourself if a Finn raccoon came to your door on Halloween and said they were an executioner) - ok milking it a bit

View attachment 66819

Veniards clear Cellire

All the best, Patrick

Did you tie on a green hook to give a wicked witch of the west vibe to it? 🤔😂

No, I'll allow executioners and undertakers. You can buy those costumes for Halloween parties. Including "sexy" versions!!! Should you be that way inclined! 😉😁

SnapT14

Reaction score

View attachment 66819

Veniards clear Cellire

All the best, Patrick
Nice fly Patrick 👌

DrPatrickT

Reaction score
Did you tie on a green hook to give a wicked witch of the west vibe to it? 🤔😂

No, I'll allow executioners and undertakers. You can buy those costumes for Halloween parties. Including "sexy" versions!!! Should you be that way inclined! 😉😁
I’m traumatised with just the wizard of oz and witch in that - and the flying monkeys, so yes I reached deep down into my fear to create this fly. Had to put on my sexy undertaker outfit on just to calm down

Mattytree

Reaction score
40E1EA73-8B2D-4BF5-ACB0-30D3D93E7F7C.jpeg
40E1EA73-8B2D-4BF5-ACB0-30D3D93E7F7C.jpeg
My attempt at Frodins witch pattern , had to sub a few bits , mostly the rubber legs with mallard .. I'm not entirely convinced with them any way and always pull them off on trout patterns so I'm pleased with the result .. a bit of blood spattered yellow cone for Halloween effect !

SEDGY

Reaction score
WOW!!!…..the last two entries are sublime 😳

My apologies to all you ”UNDERTAKERS “ out there ,I stand corrected, when I searched “Halloween undertaker outfits “ their was a great choice so there must be a few walking around playing the part 😂😱

SnapT14

Reaction score
WOW!!!…..the last two entries are sublime 😳

My apologies to all you ”UNDERTAKERS “ out there ,I stand corrected, when I searched “Halloween undertaker outfits “ their was a great choice so there must be a few walking around playing the part 😂😱
Why on earth would you search for Halloween costumes at 55 years of age?? 🤣

SEDGY

Reaction score
Well…was just thinking it could be a ‘’entry requirement’’ for the name of your fly…..if theirs a outfit that fits the name then all good 🤔
But then again what about “Thunder and lightning “….always a part of any horror/Halloween film 🤔

😂….anyway some great entries this month and a brilliant theme 👍

Jockiescott

Reaction score
Well…was just thinking it could be a ‘’entry requirement’’ for the name of your fly…..if theirs a outfit that fits the name then all good 🤔
But then again what about “Thunder and lightning “….always a part of any horror/Halloween film 🤔

😂….anyway some great entries this month and a brilliant theme 👍

Those are my thoughts. If you posted a picture of you in your Halloween costume on social media would it be generally well received by most people? I mean dressing up as a ghost, werewolf or executioner would generally be well received. Other than the funny guys posting, "you look like a dick", but then that's most of my Facebook responses anyway.

However, if you and your partner did couples costumes of Fred and Rose West... 😬 That could be thought of as being in poor taste and probably wouldn't receive as much positive feedback. Not sure how you could "sexy" those costumes up either. 😮🤦‍♂️

SnapT14

Reaction score
Those are my thoughts. If you posted a picture of you in your Halloween costume on social media would it be generally well received by most people? I mean dressing up as a ghost, werewolf or executioner would generally be well received. Other than the funny guys posting, "you look like a dick", but then that's most of my Facebook responses anyway.

However, if you and your partner did couples costumes of Fred and Rose West... 😬 That could be thought of as being in poor taste and probably wouldn't receive as much positive feedback. Not sure how you could "sexy" those costumes up either. 😮🤦‍♂️
I'm waiting to find out what my Mrs is wearing for Halloween......😋

My mate saves a few quid each year, his good lady doesn't need a costume to go trick or treating 🤣

SnapT14

Reaction score
I did the exactly the same for inspiration. There were some 'inspiring' costumes but nothing to whet the appetite fly wise!
Can we please do a Christmas themed fly this year?.......

There's some funky looking Christmas costumes to set the creative JUICES flowing. I for one have a really good photo of a pal dressed in an ELF costume.... 🤣

Andrzej

Reaction score

View attachment 66819

Veniards clear Cellire

All the best, Patrick
Looks very nice on this green hook (y)

SebasP

Reaction score
Thunder and Lightning - perfect weather for halloween⛈️⚡😆

very nice flies from all of you

S
Since the Thunder and Lightning fly is not relevant enought to halloween I remove my entry meanwhile I find something else to tie 😉

Not sure how to edit the original post though - if someone is willing to show me...

Seb

SnapT14

Reaction score
Since the Thunder and Lightning fly is not relevant enought to halloween I remove my entry meanwhile I find something else to tie 😉

Not sure how to edit the original post though - if someone is willing to show me...

Seb
Nowt wrong with thunder and lightning......

Just as relevant as anything else.

iainmortimer

Reaction score
Nowt wrong with thunder and lightning......

Just as relevant as anything else.
Blame the adjudicator I say…

I considered it myself and decided it wasn’t close enough for the theme and said the same to a couple of others that asked. The blame for losing that really nice fly therefore sits with me!

SnapT14

Reaction score
Blame the adjudicator I say…

I considered it myself and decided it wasn’t close enough for the theme and said the same to a couple of others that asked. The blame for losing that really nice fly therefore sits with me!
Sorry Iain. I wasn't trying to cause issues. I hadn't realised you had done so. 😊 🙏

SebasP

Reaction score
Okay here's another entry, I think the name is halloween enough :)
It's called the Phantom, from the book: Modern Atlantic Salmon Flies - (Paul C. Marriner)

Fly invented by Eric Baylis from Nova Scotia Canada

...Really liked the tying tips trough the materials recipe so I added the text as in the book

*on Daiichii #2051 no5*
Thread: Fluorescent orange
Tag: Extra-small oval gold tinsel and fluorescent stretch nylon
Rib: Fine silver lace
Underbody: Rear third: flat silver tinsel
Body: Rear third: yellow Phentex yarn tied sparse to let silver tinsel show through; center butt of fluosecent orange stretch nylon; middle third; black ostrich herl; front third: chartreuse Krystal Flash wound on like floss
Wing: blak squirrel tail with a few strands of pink Krystal Flash mixed in
Kackle: Black tied in a a collar; folded, tied by the tip, three turn (at this step I was feeling like doing some kind of magic recipe:giggle:)
Head: fluorescent orange

20211019_204612.jpg

I had no pink krystal flash so used what I have stock.