• GaryD

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iainmortimer

Reaction score
View attachment 42776
Another Ally’s Shrimp, Templedog Style.
SteveO I can’t see the photo due to the age old problem of photo attaching! If you edit it in advanced mode to re-attach it should then show up. It’ll be be tomorrow afternoon before I get to chance to set up the voting but as you’ve already posted if it’s a bit late let than that it’ll still be included.:thumb:

ryan houston

Reaction score
on the subject of new tyers my wee man has started tying flies in the last month or so would I have to set him up his own account here for him to enter the competition or could I post a second picture and identify it as his tying? he is 7 so currently hasn't been let loose on the internet but he is very keen to tie flies

SteveO

Reaction score
BF61B19A-4F04-4C57-81E3-B9FC4672560D.jpg
Hope this works Iain. No big deal if it doesn’t, I’ll sort myself out for next month. Thanks,Steven

Andrzej

Reaction score
That's really impressive work, very well done Logan :thumb: When I was 7 the only thing that I could tie was my shoelaces :lol:

iainmortimer

Reaction score
Competition for February now closed, and voting now open. Thank you to everyone who entered for it really is a feast for our eyes!

Last edited:

mows

Reaction score
Nice selection, ive managed to short list it to 6, but stuck there so far.

woodcockandsewin

Reaction score
Having only one vote, and two sides to a coin, this took a while.

Very impressed with Logan's entry, but discounted as I catch f all on green flies.

In the end, "which one would I like to own the most?" … nwsalar.

Great effort Gents.

Rrrr

Reaction score
Theres some really impressive flies in there.
I would have to go with the one that i would pick first from the box and it would be the one by ryan houston. Thats not to say i wouldnt use the lot with confidence but that would be the first pick.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Jockiescott

Reaction score
Great to see so many entries of an extremely high quality.

It is very rare for me that someone alters an established pattern and actually improves it.

DrPatrickT's wonderful interpretation of the Ghillie is one of the most beautiful patterns I have ever seen I now prefer this one to the original. For that reason, it gets my vote.

Clydebuilt

Reaction score
Brilliant entries one and all, Big thumbs up Logan too, very well done young man?
I struggled to choose but the Beauly Snow fly by Billy fish just pipped it for me, something about that fly that I really like

Zamora

Reaction score
Great to see young Logan doing such a nice job :thumb:

Have to say there are again some really nice flies in this event. :)

PS: Ian, even though "Muddy Waters" would be great nick, I still would like to keep mine, just in the case of beginning Alzheimer ;)

iainmortimer

Reaction score
Great to see young Logan doing such a nice job :thumb:

Have to say there are again some really nice flies in this event. :)

PS: Ian, even though "Muddy Waters" would be great nick, I still would like to keep mine, just in the case of beginning Alzheimer ;)

:redface: oops. As much as some great tunes came from him it’s great flies we want - I’ll go and edit. Sorry! [....I tried but can’t find an edit option maybe as the poll has started]

Last edited:

Slaneybs

Reaction score
I don't recall ever having seen such a large entry for Tie of the Month. Great job!

Walleye

Reaction score
The body and rib on Keithick's fly is exquisite. Almost got my vote for that alone.
In the end I went with GPU because that fly just looks like it will catch fish.

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Some fantastic fly's on show for this month lad's ?? well done to everyone who's entered :clap: my vote this month goes to logan houston , a very nicely tyed fly by the young man :cool: well done :clap:

iainmortimer

Reaction score
Congratulations are deserved by everyone for the standard achieved across all 30 of the entries was very impressive and while not everyone can win, I think every one was a winner. The voters have however spoken and so while every entry gets 4 points, after a close battle who came out on top I hear you cry!

After a number of people joined the front running spot two managed to edge their way ahead and so congratulations to:

1st place: with 6 votes, earning 10 points each: Silver Seeker and DrPatrickT. Not just beautifully tied flies but beautifully photographed as well to really do them justice. Congratulations gents.

2nd place: with 5 votes, earning 8 points each: NWSalar, Ryan Houston and Keithick. Nice to see a couple of classics getting in on the votes and I have to say you’ve a good lad there Ryan given that he ‘let’ you beat him by a vote!

3rd place, with 4 votes, earning 7 points: Logan Houston. I think this deserves some special applause. Not only a first time entry but I think our first junior entry that held his own to earn an outright 3rd place. Congratulations Logan.

So there we have it. 55 votes spread across 30 entries and generating 791 ‘likes’. Good luck for next month!

Fergal1975

Reaction score
Well done everyone. Entries are going to be through the roof with this lockdown :lol::lol::lol:

ryan houston

Reaction score
and a congratulations and thanks from me too have a wee man with a big smile today looking forwards to the next challenge maybe with the whole lockdownand schoold closed we can find a few more budding entries

mc andy

Reaction score
Well done to all the winners and entrants for a good month.

Special thanks to iain for your first completed totm, a seamless transition from gk very well done and many thanks.

Cheers andy