Tie of the Month 2021 - what a prize list! (and some changes and a theme) UPDATED!

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
If it is not against the forum rules, won't You please put a link to Your rods....???

Do You sell the blanks separately, would love to build myself an 12 ft #8 lightweight two handed rod for coastal fishing, and I'm looking for the right blank, but there's not a lot of blanks on the market any more, not reasonably priced anyway....

Bjarke.
I've no page mate. Most of my builds are posted in rod building section.
The lack of decent blanks available especially 2 handers was the reason I went down the route of designing my own.
You got a pm

Easer

Reaction score
I've no page mate. Most of my builds are posted in rod building section.
The lack of decent blanks available especially 2 handers was the reason I went down the route of designing my own.
You got a pm
I'll take a look at the rod building section, thanks....

Some years ago, in a brief moment where I had some unexpected money, I bought two beautiful Fenwick fly fishing blanks, both fairly long and lightweight (I don't remember the length, but the one is #3, and the other #4), sometimes I enjoy picking them out the closet, just to whip them around a small bit....;- )

The idea was to make respectively a lightweight fly- and spinning rod, but the market for homebuild components is not what it used to be, so I haven't made more of it....
-Also, they are a bit on the light side for my fishing needs, I'm usually fishing off the coast, and will need to cast long, they WILL be made though, eventually....;- )

Recently I googled a small bit, and found this page to be the most promising > (http://www.alpstackle.com/index.php?func=product&gid=8), do You know of them, is it as good as it looks....???

Bjarke

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
I'll take a look at the rod building section, thanks....

Some years ago, in a brief moment where I had some unexpected money, I bought two beautiful Fenwick fly fishing blanks, both fairly long and lightweight (I don't remember the length, but the one is #3, and the other #4), sometimes I enjoy picking them out the closet, just to whip them around a small bit....;- )

The idea was to make respectively a lightweight fly- and spinning rod, but the market for homebuild components is not what it used to be, so I haven't made more of it....
-Also, they are a bit on the light side for my fishing needs, I'm usually fishing off the coast, and will need to cast long, they WILL be made though, eventually....;- )

Recently I googled a small bit, and found this page to be the most promising > (http://www.alpstackle.com/index.php?func=product&gid=8), do You know of them, is it as good as it looks....???

Bjarke
Alps are some of the best rod building parts you can buy.
I use alps trilock reel seats on a lot of my builds