Thurso silver before lockdown

Markymac

Reaction score
My dad managed this stunning 9lb fish on the River Thurso yesterday. Great timing before the lockdown Screenshot_20200324-125546_Gallery.jpg

Oscar

Reaction score
Lovely - Dale House Stream? If so, I love that pool, although never had so much as a touch!

Oscar.

Markymac

Reaction score
Yeah that's correct. Lovely pool to fish. I managed to catch a nice 12lb fish last Tuesday on beat 8 in the lower mill stream. Top of beat 8 is a great spot for a Springer.

tenet

Reaction score
Beautiful fish, well done Dad. Has Simon Laird closed the river and if so what has happened to Geordie and the rest of the lads?

Markymac

Reaction score
Hi yes the river is closed now. I'm not sure what's happening to Geordie and the ghillies now. Hopefully wont be to long before this issue can be resolved

Oscar

Reaction score
Yeah that's correct. Lovely pool to fish. I managed to catch a nice 12lb fish last Tuesday on beat 8 in the lower mill stream. Top of beat 8 is a great spot for a Springer.
Again, another part of the beat I like to fish, but have never even seen a fish there.

The currents are very tricky - if you have any pics I'd be interested in some guidance on how/where to fish it?

Cheers,
Oscar.

Markymac

Reaction score
Sorry about that it's such a shame its ruining people's plans. If your plan to visit again let me know and I will give you any tips and advice I can

Oscar

Reaction score
Sorry about that it's such a shame its ruining people's plans. If your plan to visit again let me know and I will give you any tips and advice I can
I actually meant the last week of the season rather than last week - hopefully it will still happen!

Oscar b