Thurso 2020

Oscar

Reaction score
If you’re without reception and want me to call for you, just let me know.

Cheers.

keirstream

Reaction score
If you’re without reception and want me to call for you, just let me know.

Cheers.
Thanks Oscar.
We are happy enough to fish the town water but £80 / day doesn't seem right for association water?
There is very little information on the F.B. site and can't get anyone to confirm.

Piker20

Reaction score
Thanks Oscar.
We are happy enough to fish the town water but £80 / day doesn't seem right for association water?
There is very little information on the F.B. site and can't get anyone to confirm.
You can only fish half a day on one ticket. The price used to be £35 so £40 doesnt surprise me. I'm not sure if it's open to visitors yet, think it's from 15th

Coneheads

Reaction score
Thanks Oscar.
It was £50 per session last season, 6 am - 2pm,, and 2pm - 10 pm or £100 full day , the most expensive association water in the British Isles ? , "strictly" no wading in any pools allowed (n) , Might as well fish in wellingtons ? look out for the drone bailiffing spy cam ? I fished it last season .

keirstream

Reaction score
Well we fished it, the water was way too low but we saw plenty that weren't interested.
I can see the potential of the pools, which are better than a lot of the water on the private beats.
We did manage to lose a fish, but we did have a good few the week before so we were quite happy.
Thanks goes to Andrzej for all his help.(y)
If we could have picked a day with water I think we could have had a great day, but with only 8 tickets a day I suspect the locals will be in there like rats up a drainpipe first.:D
And----------I did fish it in wellies which was absolutely no hassle with a 12ft rod.

tenet

Reaction score
Desperate times on the river with fhe gauge at 21/2 inches and just a handful of fish from the lowest beats. The forecast for the rest of the month is dire from a fishing perspective. The deluge promised for the back of last week just hit the west coast and fizzled out as far as the Thurso catchment and other northern rivers were concerned.

Oscar

Reaction score
Not looking great, no! That said, the weather looks to be breaking mid week next week, so fngers crossed.

Oscar.

Coneheads

Reaction score
Thurso finally has a spate , 1 day left on Monday , ghillies and guest day I suspect ,
On the association water I take it the locals pay what the visitors pay ? as Keirstream quotes " but with only 8 tickets a day I suspect the locals will be in there like rats up a drainpipe first " so only 8 tickets a day available x 2 shifts

tenet

Reaction score
They've been picking away all week with the vast majority of fish coming from beat 2,3,4 and 6. Wouldn't be surprised if Mondays returns show catches in the multiple tens with loch more overspilling the dam and a 3ft plus flood at Halkirk.

Oscar

Reaction score
Well, what an unusual week! Very low water all week, with a slight rise on Thursday, and then a deluge on Saturday.

There are stacks of fish in the river, and our party managed 16, and I lucked out with 7 fish. 2 from B5, 1 from B6, 1 from B2, 1 from B9 and 2 from B11 (one fresh!). We lost a load, with my luck running out on Saturday, with 4 lost! Very small flies (s14/12) and a requirement to give the flies some movement.

Another great week, and I'm sure we'll be back...

Oscar.

Last edited:

keirstream

Reaction score
Thurso finally has a spate , 1 day left on Monday , ghillies and guest day I suspect ,
On the association water I take it the locals pay what the visitors pay ? as Keirstream quotes " but with only 8 tickets a day I suspect the locals will be in there like rats up a drainpipe first " so only 8 tickets a day available x 2 shifts

Locals members pay an annual fee and then subsidised day rates around a tenner I would imagine.
4 rods x 2 so 8 rods a day.

Kype King

Reaction score
Well, what an unusual week! Very low water all week, with a slight rise on Thursday, and then a deluge on Saturday.

There are stacks of fish in the river, and our party managed 16, and I lucked out with 7 fish. 2 from B5, 1 from B6, 1 from B2, 1 from B9 and 2 from B11 (one fresh!). We lost a load, with my luck running out on Saturday, with 4 lost! Very small flies (s14/12) and a requirement to give the flies some movement.

Another great week, and I'm sure we'll be back...

Oscar.

Well done Oscar - so glad you had a good week!