Thigh wader recommendations.

Johnfisher

Reaction score
Hi. Any recommendations for thigh waders with integrated welly boot. Must be hard wearing due to tramping through heavy undergrowth and thorns etc.

Lewiswearfisher

Reaction score
Hi. Any recommendations for thigh waders with integrated welly boot. Must be hard wearing due to tramping through heavy undergrowth and thorns etc.
River fishing in bootfoot waders doesn't give you much ankle support, much better off getting stocking foot with a good pair of boots what support the full ankle. Honestly worth there wait in gold 👍🎣

Elibank

Reaction score
Built like a block of flats (©️Bill Maclaren), but there will be cheaper internet options.

F6468BA9-3CB9-4E90-8221-C2EDEEC120C3.png

Finglas

Reaction score
I've often wondered about thigh waders, I end up sweltering even in breathables especially when you need to walk good distances. Plus I hate pulling them on in the morning. When the water is low and it's summer how often do you really need more than thigh waders.

GeeBee

Reaction score
I've often wondered about thigh waders, I end up sweltering even in breathables especially when you need to walk good distances. Plus I hate pulling them on in the morning. When the water is low and it's summer how often do you really need more than thigh waders.

Since i bought them last year, i find i fish a lot more when i only have a couple of hours, whereas before could not be arsed to get kitted up.

Easier to take off at lunch if you want to go to the pub or the shop too.

Much more comfortable termperature wise on warm days, but very little support at the ankle so typically keep my walks under half a mile or so.

You also need a vest or a hip pack.

My Daiwa pair now live in the car and i would not be without them.

tcorfey

Reaction score
I use Choata Hippies they are lightweight with gravel guard and neoprene stocking foot in conjunction with my normal wading boots. I use a large aluminum carabiner to attach them to my belt.
Hippies2__60851.1406319953.jpg

Slaneybs

Reaction score
If you are going through rough brambles etc the light PVC style waders always get punctured and leak and I find that the cheap ones have very poor soles so you feel every awkward stone on the sole of your feet.
There are very few rubber ones still on the market and they are much more expensive (eg Aigle) but I would go for them every time for rough work. If you are doing lots of walking and there are few brambles. thistles etc the PVC may be OK but they never last in my experience whereas I have rubber ones that have done 15 years of light usage and still don't leak.

Nigel Passmore

Reaction score
I've used these for a season on still waters and chalkstreams. Comfortable and stable on the feet when wading. Main downside is they are lightweight, but are not particulalry breathable. Best answer I can give to that is to wear them with shorts on warmer days or if you are walking a lot.

goodwin8288

Reaction score
Another vote for the snowbee nylon as above i have been using mine (albeit chesties) In ireland for the last 9 years or so for a week or 2 a year and they have had hard use fishing , climbing over fences and clambering around, and been great good tough material only had 1 leak as an ember from the kelly kettle burned a pin hole in them !! a quick patch glued on job done never leaked again!! so can recommend them!!! my friend also got some at the same time and his have performed the same as mine .