The Tay Aberfeldy

Pancho

Reaction score
I am coming up to Aberfeldy early October Covid19 permitting going to have few days chilling and a walk up the Birks ton look at the walkways and bridge I was involved in building when I was in the Royal Engineers back in the day . Anyway I have got a day ticket for the Tay the town beat at Aberfeldy any tips appreciated

Stuart1108

Reaction score
Had a walk up thair last week was lovely pats very good and wee burn was full of trout. When I was young we used to sit on concrete wall at end of park near distillery and dangle a worm inmo the pool thair dont know if that would be allowed now noone checked back then lol anyway if u go out head down river past distillery take a left just after graveyard follow the wee track through wood down to river there was a good pool thair and nice runs below rapids this was of course 15 years ago may have changed now think it would be town water not sure tho up towards the golf course was always lovely fly water early morning and late at night

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
I am coming up to Aberfeldy early October Covid19 permitting going to have few days chilling and a walk up the Birks ton look at the walkways and bridge I was involved in building when I was in the Royal Engineers back in the day . Anyway I have got a day ticket for the Tay the town beat at Aberfeldy any tips appreciated
I've got an amazing walk to do not so far away from there. Its a secret hermits cave with tunnels under ground opening up to a view point of a waterfall. Truly spectacular. Pm me for info as it not well known and I'd like to keep it that way.

Pancho

Reaction score
I've got an amazing walk to do not so far away from there. Its a secret hermits cave with tunnels under ground opening up to a view point of a waterfall. Truly spectacular. Pm me for info as it not well known and I'd like to keep it that way.
How do I PM you mate ? cant find it

Pancho

Reaction score
island Pool just above general wades bridge is deffo town water and worth a cast :)
Thanks mate whats the best method ?
Had a walk up thair last week was lovely pats very good and wee burn was full of trout. When I was young we used to sit on concrete wall at end of park near distillery and dangle a worm inmo the pool thair dont know if that would be allowed now noone checked back then lol anyway if u go out head down river past distillery take a left just after graveyard follow the wee track through wood down to river there was a good pool thair and nice runs below rapids this was of course 15 years ago may have changed now think it would be town water not sure tho up towards the golf course was always lovely fly water early morning and late at night
Cheers

happy days

Reaction score
Thanks mate whats the best method ?

Cheers
Fly off the right bank mate you'd probably have to spin off the left due to trees, its probably 15-20 years since I've been I would ring the numbers on their club site and ask for up to date advise, google maps on satellite will show you the deep pools :)